1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

I'm going to Crytek

  • FrieChamp
  • August 30, 2004 at 3:27 PM
  • Izuno
    • August 30, 2004 at 9:23 PM
    • #21

    muhahaha. one day you can be a suit like me!

  • Mazy
    • August 30, 2004 at 9:37 PM
    • #22

    OFGMF!#1~£~€43RAEP

    just the thing is that its starting to become clear that I had probably been saving myself for applying 4 a mapping gig for too long, and that I could probably have gotten some alot earlier

    BUT SUCH IS TEH LIEF!!

  • OL
    • August 30, 2004 at 9:45 PM
    • #23

    so in ur interview were they like, "man, nice missile silo!" and you had to say "ol made that for me" and they were like "oh, ok" but they looked disapointed.

    well congrats

  • Ewok
    • August 30, 2004 at 10:14 PM
    • #24

    Wow, congratulations FrieChamp! That's really awesome news. Didn't see it coming. Really happy for you, ownage stuff. Live on and prosper. Godbless.

    ~

    - Ewok

  • EjrulF
    • August 30, 2004 at 11:04 PM
    • #25

    sweeet! congrats frie! :-o

  • DD
    • August 30, 2004 at 11:21 PM
    • #26

    fraichamp si winnar~!

  • Minos
    • August 31, 2004 at 1:20 AM
    • #27
    Quote from Mazy

    OFGM#!1 FREI VERY GO!O!11~ongratns!11funny thing is that people getting jobs in the gaming biz isnt all that special anymore :!O!1

    yeah you got your job, its not funny anymore for you

    anyway, I envy j00 butterfrie, good luck

    btw do they accept brazilians on the gaming industry ? OMG, if they dont what would I do to survive ? I'D HAVE TO SELL DRUGS, SINCE I SUCK AT EVERYTHING, EXCEPT LEVEL DESIGN (heh I guess)

    oh and where is crytek located ?

  • FrieChamp
    • August 31, 2004 at 5:59 AM
    • #28
    Quote from OL

    so in ur interview were they like, "man, nice missile silo!" and you had to say "ol made that for me" and they were like "oh, ok" but they looked disapointed.

    When I showed them mp_warhead (it wasn't the only map you know..) I told them right away that I haven't made the silo and it was okay. They knew my abilities right from the start, even before the interview.

    Quote

    oh and where is crytek located ?

    Coburg, Germany. That's in very northern Bavaria (where the expensive cars and the good beer comes from).

  • Mazy
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:33 AM
    • #29

    Will u have to relocate, or is it close by frie?~

  • FrieChamp
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:41 AM
    • #30

    It's ~4 hours away by car, that means I'll have to relocate. Crytek got a building for accomodation where I will probably live the first month when "I'm on trial" (i wont have to pay for that). Maybe I will get an apartment there or somewhere else in the city afterwards.

    It isn't around the corner from home, but the closest, succesful game company we have here (and god knows there aren't many in my surrounding area).

  • Mazy
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:43 AM
    • #31

    that sux, but I guess it could be worse :G

    great thing about my gig is that its only like 30-40min by train

  • kleinluka
    • August 31, 2004 at 1:36 PM
    • #32

    I walk 45 minutes every morning, lolo.. but it's good exercise. And I'm moving into my new place tomorrow so then it'll take 30 minutes by bus :>!!!!

  • RD
    • August 31, 2004 at 2:20 PM
    • #33

    why is evryone getting hired except me? Does it have to do with satanchrist?

    And why do i log out evry 5mins:(

  • kleinluka
    • August 31, 2004 at 3:25 PM
    • #34

    /me pets rd :<~

  • st0lve
    • August 31, 2004 at 3:52 PM
    • #35

    I think he forgot that part :roll:

    Oh and you got to leak stuff

  • Mazy
    • August 31, 2004 at 4:10 PM
    • #36

    rd's mind is too grand and mysterious for any game developer to tap into!!!

  • kleinluka
    • August 31, 2004 at 4:51 PM
    • #37

    says Mazy, the creator of Georf and the cow comic.

  • RD
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:41 PM
    • #38

    oya i forgot to apply

    Maby ill let them cum for me

  • DD
    • August 31, 2004 at 7:56 PM
    • #39
    Quote from RD

    why is evryone getting hired except me? Does it have to do with satanchrist?And why do i log out evry 5mins:(

    I wouldn't include satanchrist in my portfolio for any job unless it was ID software. I don't think its bad but many brainwashed people do, like counter-strike.net forum people for example.

  • st0lve
    • August 31, 2004 at 8:17 PM
    • #40
    Quote from RD

    Maby ill let them cum for me

    :roll:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™