1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Portfolio feedback

  • ReNo
  • June 11, 2007 at 10:45 PM
  • Defrag
    • June 14, 2007 at 3:31 AM
    • #21

    Looks just right to me -- everything on one page, well laid out & explained without using reams of text. Other than the CV being a .doc, I'm struggling to find any flaws.

  • Zacker
    • June 14, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • #22

    Hey Reno, I like your portfolio page! And your level design also:) Some mentioned that you got too much text, which I disagree with - but I guess that might have been in an earlier version?

    I remember having a good time in your old HLDM maps Echo and Torrent and I believe it's a very good idea that you leave in this older stuff.

  • ReNo
    • June 14, 2007 at 5:22 PM
    • #23

    Somebody elsewhere pointed out that the text on the banner looked pretty hideous, and I then realised that I agreed. I've gone for the rather typical choice of "impact" as a replacement font, and unoriginal as it is I think it looks nicer. Agree, disagree? Thanks again for all the comments guys.

  • dux
    • June 14, 2007 at 6:44 PM
    • #24

    It's a bit better but I still thinks it looks a bit ugly.

    Try looking for some new fonts on here :

    http://www.1001fonts.com

  • ReNo
    • June 14, 2007 at 7:20 PM
    • #25

    That's a lotta fonts to look through! Oh well, I looked for about 30 seconds and found one that while probably not perfect, is another improvement. Just worried it seems sorta at odds with the rest of the website, but hey, I'm not trying to demonstrate skills in web design

  • dux
    • June 14, 2007 at 7:59 PM
    • #26

    True, but you know how picky people can be. :wink:

  • ifO
    • June 15, 2007 at 2:23 AM
    • #27

    Really impressive portfolio. I played The Ship over the last free weekend and especially enjoyed the maps

    ---

    Btw using Open Office is a pretty unnecessary way to make pdfs (mainly because it means you come into contact with open office, yuck).

    You can 'print to pdf' from any standard application (word/excel/photoshop/anything...) by using an application like PrimoPDF (which I recommend).

    file > print > select PrimoPDF as printer > print

  • General Vivi
    • June 16, 2007 at 12:11 AM
    • #28

    yeah reno ! come to usa and let raven snatch you up !

    <3 ur stuff man its top notch!

    -vivi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™