1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Game soundtracks

  • mjens
  • March 13, 2007 at 9:41 AM
  • Thrik
    • March 14, 2007 at 1:55 PM
    • #21

    Not to mention it takes some serious budget to get big licensed music or a custom composed orchestral soundtrack -- even more so if a real orchestra and/or live instruments become involved.

  • Mojo
    • March 14, 2007 at 8:38 PM
    • #22
    Quote from Izuno

    I suppose, but I liked the Mercenaries soundtrack so much I actually found an official CD online and bought it. Very happy with my purchase!

    I agree its hard to find some albums and I am guilty of having a few that I still need to go out and find and buy (MGS - god I love that music) but for the most part I tend to buy Game Music if I really truly like it:

    Game CDs I own:

    Hitman 2

    Hitman Blood Money

    Halo

    Halo 2: Volume 1

    Halo 2: Volume 2

    GTA: Vice City

    Koji Kondo - Majora's Mask Orchestrations

    Koji Kondo - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

    Koji Kondo - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Hyrule Symphony

    Koji Kondo - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

    MOKA - The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Re-Arranged Album

    Matt Uelmen - Diablo II Soundtrack

    Koichi Sugiyama - Dragon Quest VIII

    Michael Giacchino & Chris Tilton - Mercenaries - Playground of Destruction

    Sid Meier's Civilization IV

    Destroy All Humans Soundtrack - Destroy All Humans Soundtrack

    Warcraft III - Reign Of Chaos

    Jeremy Soule - The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion Soundtrack

  • Skjalg
    • March 16, 2007 at 5:41 PM
    • #23

    I think its weird nobody has mentioned the awesome megaman music (specifically hardman).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™