1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

looking for portal and wiki system

  • mjens
  • February 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM
  • mjens
    • February 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM
    • #1

    hi,

    I was looking at google but all I found is crap. Maybe anyone from here know a good portal witch works on phpbb2 (portal + forum with one registration to post and comment articles/news).

    I also look for good and easy wiki system but not by Wikimedia (to many options/files/etc.). I used PMWiki and there was no password protection...

    help

  • Sindwiller
    • February 10, 2007 at 7:18 PM
    • #2

    Well, there was a phpbb2 based thing, but I forgot its name. And as far I remember, it was a huge load of crap.

    You can simply use the CMS Joomla! with a Wiki and a Forum module.

  • mjens
    • February 11, 2007 at 2:09 PM
    • #3

    I used Joomla - it's to much complicated It is great but I'm looking for something real easy with small amount of files

  • Sindwiller
    • February 11, 2007 at 3:15 PM
    • #4
    Quote from seir

    I used Joomla - it's to much complicated It is great but I'm looking for something real easy with small amount of files

    Theres also E107. Though I never used it myself, I heard from other people that it is very slow and very unhandy...

  • Thrik
    • February 11, 2007 at 6:18 PM
    • #5

    I came across this while doing research at work a couple of months ago, you might find it useful for your Wiki needs. I installed it and it's certainly a hell of a lot simpler than MediaWiki, and it looks less cluttered from the user perspective too.

    http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

  • mjens
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM
    • #6

    DokuWiki looks nice so I will try it

    Thank you all for help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™