1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

The Plot

  • Dodger
  • January 21, 2007 at 6:14 PM
  • Dodger
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:14 PM
    • #1

    I made amped.

    I made amped for Fortress-Forever.

    Later someone, stole my map and changed it for HL2CAPTURETHEFLAG.

    Discuss. Im confused.

    http://forums.hl2ctf.net/index.php?showtopic=3571

  • Ginger Lord
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM
    • #2

    What is there to be confused about?

  • Sindwiller
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:20 PM
    • #3
    Quote from ginger_lord

    What is there to be confused about?

    - How this happened?

    - How this guy could force his brain to do this?

    HL2:CTF sucked anyway...

    Wfr, Sindwiller

  • Dodger
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:21 PM
    • #4
    Quote from ginger_lord

    What is there to be confused about?

    Nothing. But you know.

  • Dodger
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:23 PM
    • #5
    Quote from Sindwiller

    - How this happened?

    - How this guy could force his brain to do this?

    HL2:CTF sucked anyway...

    Wfr, Sindwiller

    - It allready happened. He converted, edited and even changed my map.

    - He did it.

  • Sindwiller
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    • #6
    Quote from Dodger

    - How this happened?

    - How this guy could force his brain to do this?

    HL2:CTF sucked anyway...

    Wfr, Sindwiller

    - It allready happened. He converted, edited and even changed my map.

    - He did it.

    - Uhh, sry, I forgot a "could" Well, did you release the map to the public or how did he do that? Or did he leak it?

  • Ginger Lord
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:35 PM
    • #7

    There's a bunch of community made FF maps that have been released for testing and are playing on a few servers.

    Edit: Including his. Mine too.

  • von*ferret
    • January 21, 2007 at 6:51 PM
    • #8

    Didn't you use to decompile maps Nexus? Now you might get an idea of how it feels.

  • Dodger
    • January 21, 2007 at 7:00 PM
    • #9
    Quote from von*ferret

    Didn't you use to decompile maps Nexus? Now you might get an idea of how it feels.

    I did decompiled many ns maps when I joined the NS Forum community. But later I realized it was wrong to do so I started working hard on my own maps.

    I feel me dissatisfied and pitiful

  • D3ads
    • January 21, 2007 at 7:16 PM
    • #10

    Heh, ironic situation.. 'what comes around goes around...'

  • teeluu
    • January 21, 2007 at 8:57 PM
    • #11

    Ironic yeah, imo fair too. Now you know :roll:

  • JeanPaul
    • January 21, 2007 at 9:05 PM
    • #12
    Quote from Dodger

    I did decompiled many ns maps when I joined the NS Forum community. But later I realized it was wrong to do so I started working hard on my own maps.

    I feel me dissatisfied and pitiful

    When you say decompile, do you mean "just for reference" or "I used other peoples work"

    If you only use decompiles for reference, its 100% okay, but if you steal work, you deserve this CTF conversion

  • Sacrifist
    • January 21, 2007 at 10:03 PM
    • #13

    Im the one that tested this map for hl2:ctf. I never decompiled it or modified any of his work. The map that is downloadable from the FF forums and the FF test server doesnt have any entities on it other then a few health kits. Since hl2dm maps are playable with the CTF mod I just added CTF weapons and CTF flags to see how well the map played.

  • Izuno
    • January 22, 2007 at 3:37 AM
    • #14

    I think this balances out the universe a bit.

    Case closed.

  • Zacker
    • January 22, 2007 at 7:08 AM
    • #15

    Seems like the world is a fair place afterall.

  • MJ
    • January 22, 2007 at 9:39 AM
    • #16

    wow hl2 maps can be decompiled perfectly, didn't know that..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™