1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

PGDI test group

  • TeddyBear
  • November 15, 2006 at 9:41 PM
  • TeddyBear
    • November 15, 2006 at 9:41 PM
    • #1

    Photographically generated displacement information - test group

    Please feel welcome to sign up! Application slots closed

    For those who have no clue what this is about, please read the following:

    During the past two weeks I have been developing a method which basically scans real-world objects by computing and merging separate frames of a recorded sequence of digital footage. Yet I have only conducted one laboration in the purpose of proving my hypothesis - a scan of my own hand. During the past week I have improved the frame calculation process and I feel ready to begin my second testing session.

    This method is currently adjusted for the way I work and function but as I will release this to the public, public input is of great importance So, the purpose of this test group is to see what suggestions you have for the method appliance. It could be technical remarks, scanning improvements & tips, suggestions on what to scan, areas of use, etc.

    For me, it would be interesting to see how the method applies to better - or worse - equipment than my own. However, the most interesting part is to see which different object scans you come up with.

    Everyone who joins this group must understand that the method has to be kept secret. I don't want to spoil anything with an inferior appliance.

    [Blocked Image: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5563/handfixeskh2.th.jpg]

    I will have private, separate discussions with everyone involved. Group consultations may not occur. If you want to join, please contact me and ask me any questions you might have.

    Regards,

    Teddy

    Test group applicants:

    SnipaMasta - Panasonic digital video camera *.avi (clean 720x576, 25 FPS)

    st0lve - Fuji Finepix S5000 *.avi (nosiy 320x240, 30 FPS)

    aevirex - Canon Powershot a510 *.avi (clean 640x480, 10 FPS)

    Meotwister - Canon PowerShot A620 *.avi (clean 640x480, 30-60 FPS)

    Sascha Herfort - Canon Powershot A95 *.avi (clean 640x480, 15 FPS)

    LuftWaffle - Kodak EasyShare DX7630 *.mov (clean 320x240, 20 FPS)

  • st0lve
    • November 15, 2006 at 10:18 PM
    • #2

    I have Fuji Finepix S5000

  • Meotwister
    • November 17, 2006 at 10:53 PM
    • #3

    I just checked mine and it can do up to 60fps.

  • TeddyBear
    • November 18, 2006 at 5:42 AM
    • #4

    Perfect! I think we have enough applicants for the project now, I will wait one day more to see what may come up. Then we are pretty much ready to start

  • TeddyBear
    • November 19, 2006 at 10:53 PM
    • #5

    Application slots closed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™