1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

cartoon textures

  • zaphod
  • October 12, 2006 at 7:25 AM
  • st0lve
    • January 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM
    • #21
    Quote from seir

    Its a soil I don't know how to say it in right and proffesional word (non english ), so I will try to describe where to find it You have to dig a big hole in ground to see the layers of humus and types of soil and thats what this texture show. I hope you understand what I mean

    BTW! Really great textures - when they will be available for download?

    Ah I see!

  • zaphod
    • January 26, 2007 at 6:33 PM
    • #22

    you can just grab the ones I posted . . . I can put up higher rez ones later if people want them. Making them tile wasn't that bad, just a lot of offset filters constantly back and forth when placing stuff. For the stone and cracked dirt ones I just worked on the clumps in the middle of the image, offset, then do more in the middle, then offset again whenever I had to adjust a certain part so it was in the middle and I could work on it. I did these all in photoshop with the pen and marquee tool.

  • st0lve
    • January 26, 2007 at 10:55 PM
    • #23

    Yeah, I get that part, I just think it would be really fun and challenging to actually make the textures in Illustrator. But since there is no offset filter in Illustrator that would be a real hell.

    I think I'll actually try to make some now (with PS that is)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™