1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Max closes itself when I unwrap (sometimes)

  • Defrag
  • October 6, 2006 at 9:43 PM
  • Defrag
    • October 6, 2006 at 9:43 PM
    • #1

    This is really annoying me now. I'm using max8 and it is frequently bombing out when I unwrap stuff. When I apply a UVW unwrap modifier, a maxscript window pops up for a second and then max closes itself without error.

    This has happened quite a few times now and it's really goddamn annoying. To sort it, I have to export to a format that maya can read, apply an unwrap modifier in maya and then re-import back into max. Doing so results in the unwrap modifier working properly in max, but it's not much of a fix.

    Anyone encountered similar problems? Any help appreciated.

  • skdr
    • October 6, 2006 at 10:06 PM
    • #2

    do you have the latest max service packs installed?

  • Defrag
    • October 6, 2006 at 10:10 PM
    • #3

    yup, SP3

  • PhilipK
    • October 6, 2006 at 10:18 PM
    • #4

    these things happens.

    save frequently

  • Defrag
    • October 6, 2006 at 10:33 PM
    • #5

    I always save before I unwrap, but that doesn't solve my problem. Currently if I want to unwrap anything I have to go max->maya->max again.

  • Defrag
    • October 9, 2006 at 5:21 AM
    • #6

    I've given up and I'm going to reinstall it. I'll be back here moaning like a bitch if that doesn't sort it out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™