1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

What's the best way to import the whole HL1.wad into Source?

  • gibliotar
  • September 26, 2006 at 1:24 AM
  • gibliotar
    • September 26, 2006 at 1:24 AM
    • #1

    Owing to reasons beyond the scope of this topic, I need access to every texture in the old Half Life wad for use in Source.

    I can use Wally to export every texture into a TGA file, but I don't know what the next step would be? If I set Hammer 4.1 to use WADs instead of material files, the 3D textured view renders my maps without any textures (all the brushwork appears white). I have HL1:Source, which presumably has the textures hidden away somewhere. How can I get Hammer to pick them up?

  • Zacker
    • September 26, 2006 at 9:03 AM
    • #2

    Use GCFScape to open the half-life source.gfc and then you can find all the HL1 textures in the hl1/materials folder. All the common ones are in the hl1/materials/halflife folder.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™