1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Whats up normal map.

  • st0lve
  • September 19, 2006 at 6:40 PM
  • st0lve
    • September 19, 2006 at 6:40 PM
    • #1

    [Blocked Image: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5429/01uj5.jpg]

    Why doesn't it display properly? Anyone have any idea at all?

    I use 3ds max 6, I placed the .dds (I tried .tga aswell) in the bump map slot, and still nothing different.

    Who lieks normal maps anyway, they suck :evil:

  • st0lve
    • September 19, 2006 at 7:18 PM
    • #2

    Solution:

    3ds max 6 doesnt have normal map tab D:

    [Blocked Image: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6818/blehdu6.jpg]

  • PhilipK
    • September 19, 2006 at 7:19 PM
    • #3

    That's because you used "bitmap" right in the bumpmap slot. It reads it as if it would be a greyscale bumpmap then.

    You need to chose "normalbump" (If I remember right. I use Kaldera so I've got another). Anyway if you chose that you will add your .tga in the normalmap line you get there in the normalbump-window.

    Good luck

    EDIT:

    Whops saw that you use max 6 now

    Well I suppose there could be some plugin (maybe even Kaldera exists for max 6)

  • Patrick_H
    • September 19, 2006 at 7:36 PM
    • #4

    http://www.bencloward.com/tutorials_shaders1.shtml

  • st0lve
    • September 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM
    • #5

    thanks a bunch!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™