1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

st0_wad preveiw

  • st0lve
  • July 21, 2004 at 11:06 AM
  • st0lve
    • July 21, 2004 at 11:06 AM
    • #1

    [Blocked Image: http://www.st0lve.net/textures/st0_wad.jpg]

    Yes, I'm working on a wad, with a little "wasted" feeling to it.

    I'll release it when its done.

    c&c?

  • JynxDaddy
    • July 21, 2004 at 11:22 AM
    • #2

    omg ;o this makes me want to map ;-0 very goo, Will it have EVERYTHING one could possibly need to make a dirty city map?

  • CrazyMAC
    • July 21, 2004 at 12:23 PM
    • #3

    good job stolve

  • insta
    • July 21, 2004 at 12:24 PM
    • #4

    Neato, although that red brick texture needs some work.

  • PhilipK
    • July 21, 2004 at 2:40 PM
    • #5

    looks nice.

    Altohugh the bricks will probably look very large ingame.

  • st0lve
    • July 21, 2004 at 4:00 PM
    • #6

    Yeah I know, its mainly because I made it as an 1024x1024 texture (just to show myself that I was able of doing it D: ). Oh btw. here is the 1024 version.

    I'll fix it sometime (or just make another brick texture) :roll:

  • zaphod
    • July 21, 2004 at 5:36 PM
    • #7

    I think the scale of the bricks in the shot is too big to be useable no matter what resolution. Looks pretty decent though, keep on trucking wiff teh textars!

  • The_Postman
    Guest
    • July 21, 2004 at 6:36 PM
    • #8

    Stolve you've come a long way, keep it up.

  • FrieChamp
    • July 21, 2004 at 7:21 PM
    • #9

    Your textures are shaping up really nicely, good job st0lve!

  • von*ferret
    • July 21, 2004 at 9:31 PM
    • #10

    umm

    your dirt to road transition is horrible

    Rethink back to how dirt spreads onto the pavement. Yeah the color will fade, but chunks of dirt will be sporadic in their fading. If you get what I mean.

  • st0lve
    • July 21, 2004 at 9:38 PM
    • #11

    Yeh I know, I'll fix it when I got time

  • Minos
    • July 21, 2004 at 10:40 PM
    • #12

    luv that rock texture

  • FrieChamp
    • July 21, 2004 at 10:49 PM
    • #13
    Quote

    you have advanced a lot from the plain black textures u used to post

    [Blocked Image: http://www.st0lve.net/textures/dirtmetalwall.jpg]

    And THIS was an ADVANCED version (the first ones were sadly down).

    Not picking on you, just nice to see how you improved

  • KidDynamite
    • July 21, 2004 at 10:51 PM
    • #14

    lawl black text!@`1`

    Not bad job, i would agree the brick is kinda like O_O. But for the most part, compared to the texture frie just posted GREAT improvement

  • von*ferret
    • July 22, 2004 at 2:53 AM
    • #15

    good thing thats a 512x512 texture or you might lose some quality when you squish it to 256x256

  • st0lve
    • July 25, 2004 at 8:36 PM
    • #16

    Is this brick ok:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.st0lve.net/textures/st0_brick2a.jpg]

    And some snacks:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.st0lve.net/textures/st0_brick2b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.st0lve.net/textures/st0_brick2c.jpg]

    Yeah I know that I just scaled it down to 128x128 but I'm to lazy to make an new walltexture brick by brick D:

    And yes, the shadow on the gate is a little harsh ~

  • FrieChamp
    • July 25, 2004 at 9:25 PM
    • #17

    You should bring more variety into the brick texture. One can see that you just copy/pasted one small part each line.

  • zaphod
    • July 26, 2004 at 3:56 AM
    • #18

    gotta be honest, your brick still sucks becuase it repeats so much.

  • Mazy
    • July 26, 2004 at 7:22 AM
    • #19

    yup, that thing is gonna tile like hell

    way too much repeating n patterning going on :G

  • st0lve
    • July 26, 2004 at 7:47 AM
    • #20

    Yeah I noticed it now, I got to fix it some time

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 3 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™