1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Your first Level Editor

  • JAL
  • August 18, 2006 at 12:52 PM
  • von*ferret
    • August 20, 2006 at 5:14 PM
    • #61

    the dirt , sticks, and foliage for my micromachine miltary forces.

    then worldcraft

  • ReFlex
    • August 20, 2006 at 10:36 PM
    • #62
    Quote from Warby

    cnc red alert editor than over age of empires and starcraft i made may way to the worldcraft version from the original halflife cd

    Yeah, same by me...

  • Bluestrike
    • August 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM
    • #63

    Warcraft 2 map editor,

    I remember having a friend sitting next to me and designing boths's bases and then go play it over lan :)

    Followed by build for duke_nukem in the days that I didn't had any internet acces at all.

  • sic1
    • August 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM
    • #64

    I toyed with the editor for age of empires 1 back in the day. When I bought half-life I was flipping through the manual and saw a page on Worldcraft and thought I hit the jackpot: "make my own levels? woaaaah!"

  • BlackPanther
    • September 11, 2006 at 9:53 PM
    • #65

    JED (Short for Jedi Editor) for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.

    I made so many things for that game... wish i could recover some of the stuff from my old hard drive

  • MJ
    • September 11, 2006 at 11:06 PM
    • #66

    ITS CALLED wORLDCRAFT AKA hAMMER

    YOU MAY OF HEARD OF IT..

  • Steven_m64
    • September 11, 2006 at 11:18 PM
    • #67

    my first was QuarK.

  • VoodooBenshee
    • September 12, 2006 at 12:37 AM
    • #68
    Quote from ReFlex

    Yeah, same by me...

    same here, but without age of empires

  • Polaris
    • September 12, 2006 at 1:56 AM
    • #69

    Warcraft 2 editor

  • Cybbe
    • September 12, 2006 at 5:31 PM
    • #70
    Quote from Bronts

    The level editor for jetpack

    Me too! I made the <3'st levels for that game(Both heart, and "hart"(hard)) ;o.

    Next in my line would be.. Liero, Starcraft, warcraft 2...

    Hmm. Well, Red Alert.

    Age of Empires 2.

    Heroes of Might And Magic 3 and four(Oh did I hate homm 4 D;).

    (Worms? hehe)

    Worldcraft/Hammer

    Hammer for source ;o

    I probably listed some of them in the wrong order, or forgot something... But Jetpack was definitely my first

  • twiz
    • September 12, 2006 at 5:57 PM
    • #71

    Making games for my TI-83 calculator

    I got fed up with it though because I didn't know assembly or have the cables to connect to PC, and running it through the calculator's program function was slow as hell, so it was all choppy . But I still made a few word games and stuff!

    Then Warcraft/Starcraft/Hammer/A dash of Quark because RD told me to.

    I still remember running around in RD's Inferno a few years back(not the CS Inferno, RD had an inferno before that.. dunno if he ever released it )

  • Zacker
    • September 12, 2006 at 6:49 PM
    • #72

    Hey don't diss TI-83 programming! I have made a fully fledged adventure game for the TI-83+ calculator written in the TI-Basic language. Includes 7 different classes, 24 unique encounters, 60+ levels, lots of different skills, a save/load feature and more.

    This was all written directly on the calculator.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™