1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Your first Level Editor

  • JAL
  • August 18, 2006 at 12:52 PM
  • Bronts
    • August 18, 2006 at 4:04 PM
    • #21

    The level editor for jetpack

  • hessi
    • August 18, 2006 at 4:17 PM
    • #22

    warcraft II leveleditor

  • ReNo
    • August 18, 2006 at 4:27 PM
    • #23
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    worldcraft 1.5

    Was it 1.5 that came packed with Half-Life? If so, then me too. For some reason though I kept thinking that was 1.6 - or was that perhaps an update released not too long after? Not that it matters - I started with the one on the HL1 disk and thats all that matters really

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • August 18, 2006 at 4:28 PM
    • #24

    2.0 was the first HL version, I believe. 2.1 maybe. 1.6 was the last version released before the Valve buyout (or near that time at least) and it supported at least quake and quake 2... I know a lot more was in the pipe when it got snapped up.

  • ReNo
    • August 18, 2006 at 4:32 PM
    • #25

    Oh yeah, thats right. I think 2.1 was the update released not too long after that I was thinking about

  • Izuno
    • August 18, 2006 at 5:19 PM
    • #26

    Whatever it was for the original X-wing game back in 1993 or thereabout.

  • Xanthi
    • August 18, 2006 at 5:20 PM
    • #27

    Build, for Duke3D.

  • Hourences
    • August 18, 2006 at 5:28 PM
    • #28

    I once started messing around with the duke nukem ed but didnt got far at all.

    It really took off once I got Unreal 1 with UnrealED 1.0

  • zaphod
    • August 18, 2006 at 5:36 PM
    • #29

    level editor that came with the original c&c red alert. As far as FPS'es I think it would have to be build for duke.

  • General Vivi
    • August 18, 2006 at 6:01 PM
    • #30

    warcraft 2 editor fallowed by tony hawks pro skater 2 level editor then my most favorite of them all "Starcraft editor"

  • leileilol
    • August 18, 2006 at 6:14 PM
    • #31

    deu for doom

  • Kabelen
    • August 18, 2006 at 6:17 PM
    • #32

    Valve Hammer Editor 3.4.. Still is VHE, but now version 3.5 and 4.0(source).

  • Bronts
    • August 18, 2006 at 6:24 PM
    • #33

    Now that I think of it, I probably used Stunts level editor before good old jetpack.

    I spent many hours creating some wackey tracks for stunts.

  • kleinluka
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:00 PM
    • #34

    The level editor for Rise of The Triad (build I think?) o_O

    and the track editor for 4DSports Driving/Stunts....ahhhhh good times!

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:03 PM
    • #35

    That was the warwind's level editor i think

  • dissonance
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM
    • #36

    quoole for about a week, then worldcraft.

  • BlisTer
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:21 PM
    • #37
    Quote from Bronts

    I spent many hours creating some wackey tracks for stunts.

    me too

    First fps editor i used was Build for Duke3D, making some DM levels and then playing vs my bro over the null modem cable. as a matter of fact i'm setting it up again for memories sake

  • ReNo
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:32 PM
    • #38
    Quote from kleinluka

    and the track editor for 4DSports Driving/Stunts....ahhhhh good times!

    Was 4D Driving the same game as Stunts (different names in different places or something)? I mucked about with the level editor in 4D Driving at a mates house many years before I got a PC = what a good game that was

  • D3ads
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:33 PM
    • #39

    Worldcraft 1.6 for Quake 2

  • SixThree
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:44 PM
    • #40

    Tribes 2 editor.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 7 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™