1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

bloodlines press screenshots

  • zaphod
  • July 16, 2004 at 3:34 AM
  • zaphod
    • July 16, 2004 at 3:34 AM
    • #1

    I know that the game I'm working on (bloodlines) has gotten a lot of comments from people about our player models looking like they are from quake 3. Well, all the screenshots that have come out have been using dx8 vertex lighting which is only per vertex, and cuases some nasty shadow lines across polies. I thought I would give you guys a sneak peek at what our characters look like with dx9 lighting, which is per pixel instead of per vertex,

    released screenshot (dx8)

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/lightingbad.jpg]

    some shots with dx9

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/dx9lighting1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/dx9lighting2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/dx9lighting3.jpg]

  • Minos
    • July 16, 2004 at 4:08 AM
    • #2

    This girl looks awesome, really better now

  • Zyn
    • July 16, 2004 at 5:19 AM
    • #3

    "Holy hell, I accidently pressed 'Huge' in the bewbs-panel!"

    Anyways, a significent difference between Dx8 and Dx9 effects... <3 technology.

  • OL
    • July 16, 2004 at 5:24 AM
    • #4

    omg theyre so big

  • Minos
    • July 16, 2004 at 6:15 AM
    • #5

    RAEP!

  • JynxDaddy
    • July 16, 2004 at 6:28 AM
    • #6

    errr fix the tits....

    looks awsome otherwise

  • insta
    • July 16, 2004 at 6:53 AM
    • #7

    It looks like she is airbrushed.

  • Mazy
    • July 16, 2004 at 7:29 AM
    • #8

    WUT ABUT THE BLOODLEINS MOVIE?!?!?!!

    ?!?!!1

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/15 ... 02760.html

  • teeluu
    • July 16, 2004 at 9:16 AM
    • #9
    Quote from Zaphod

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/lightingbad.jpg]

    That guy behind there looks like The G-Man a little younger

  • jfas
    • July 16, 2004 at 9:19 AM
    • #10

    im gonna like the bouncy new technology

  • madcow
    • July 16, 2004 at 10:04 AM
    • #11

    i want bloodlines now@!

  • Fullauto
    • July 16, 2004 at 10:19 AM
    • #12

    Nice to see a bit of exploitation now and again

  • FrieChamp
    • July 16, 2004 at 10:41 AM
    • #13

    Woah she's hot...any other "special" features? She looks like she can provide certain services :roll:

  • st0lve
    • July 16, 2004 at 11:52 AM
    • #14
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Woah she's hot...any other "special" features? She looks like she can provide certain services :roll:

    She better be.

  • JynxDaddy
    • July 16, 2004 at 1:00 PM
    • #15

    ;-0 what hardwares were these screens made on ??????

  • RD
    • July 16, 2004 at 1:36 PM
    • #16

    did u use a real model for that woman?

  • Crackerjack
    • July 16, 2004 at 2:31 PM
    • #17

    I really hope there is a strip club in this game

    ... I would by two copies of the game so I could watch two girls on TWO COMPUTERS!!~~ ahhh

  • zaphod
    • July 16, 2004 at 5:38 PM
    • #18
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    ;-0 what hardwares were these screens made on ??????

    well, all you would need to be able to get this lighting is a recent gen vid card thats dx9

  • The_Postman
    Guest
    • July 16, 2004 at 6:02 PM
    • #19

    looks like a good model but the skin lacks detail and the actual epidermis looks very painted. Color variations and subtle detail with a photosource will really help balance it out and bring some life to her (even though I'm sure she's undead).

  • Taylor
    • July 16, 2004 at 6:16 PM
    • #20

    If I was a picky bastard I'd point out the hair, but as I am I'll just ogle at the boobies and say something passive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™