1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

post your ride!

  • zaphod
  • August 10, 2006 at 11:37 PM
  • zaphod
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:37 PM
    • #1

    I looked back about 4 pages and didn't see this but I haven't been keeping track of this forum a lot so I hope it's not a repeat. Lets see what you drive (or ride if you have a bike/moto/scooter/ whatever you dirty euro commies).

    I just got a 2006 scion tc release edition, my very own first brand new car - yay! I'm in love with it, in much part becuase it's a rolling ipod listening chamber. (plug in ipod in middle compartment, forget about it - change songs and navigate via head unit and steeringwheel controls)

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.googlepages.com/car1.jpg]

    lets see yours!

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:38 PM
    • #2

    i got a 98 a4 about a month ago, i'll take a better picture later

    top left, bottom right (other car is my dad's passat)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.zeroproof.com/bicball/newcar.jpg]

    first car i've driven with a stick and i've gotten used to it. it's got some cool features like heated black leather seats, sunroof, cd changer and such, although i use cassette -> 1/8" jack for my mp3 player. the only thing i wish it had were steering wheel controls, but to get that with the car it would have had to come with some silly package. its got a nice grooved leather steering wheel so i guess i can live with it

  • Minos
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:43 PM
    • #3

    [Blocked Image: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7814/iraqass3ly.jpg]

    Seriously now, I have a Fiat Palio (well my mom does but I always borrow it so...). It's a pretty good car for brazilian standards

    [Blocked Image: http://www.km77.com/marcas/fiat/palio/gra/0perfil.jpg]

  • zaphod
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:47 PM
    • #4

    nice!

    I dig the little fiat mino, it's got character

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:52 PM
    • #5

    yeah, gay character

  • Ginger Lord
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:55 PM
    • #6

    Need to get a better pic of it, took this one when I got it back from the Renault Garage where it was bought:

    [Blocked Image: http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/5964/newcarjp3.jpg]

  • Minos
    • August 10, 2006 at 11:56 PM
    • #7

    Only rich people own big cars here. Gas is overtaxed.

  • Ginger Lord
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:01 AM
    • #8

    I don't need a Brazillian to tell me gas is overtaxed, I live in the UK where its like 99.9p a litre and about 70p of that is tax.

    Hence the economical 1.2 16v engine that has a stupid amount of mid-range power when its needed and a nice top speed 108mph (on paper, which is wrong because I've had it at 120).

    I'll go with everyone and say steering wheel controls are great too.

  • hessi
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:07 AM
    • #9

    you and your brand new cars. get old cars!

    [Blocked Image: http://thomashess.net/hessi_ride.jpg]

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:12 AM
    • #10

    i've got an i4 with 20 valves and a turbo gogo 30 mpg highway. i was crusing aroud for hours yesterday in 5th gear and use the same amount of gas as if i were idling

    nice ride hessi

  • twiz
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:14 AM
    • #11

    [Blocked Image: http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/301759/original/backhalf-016.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/301758/original/backhalf-015.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/2865/bpv23si.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/5748/wastegate18ve.jpg]

    Just finished mounting my radiator today:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/417281/original/radiator-001.jpg]

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:15 AM
    • #12

    ...speaking of fuel efficiency

  • Minos
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:16 AM
    • #13
    Quote from ginger_lord

    I don't need a Brazillian to tell me gas is overtaxed, I live in the UK where its like 99.9p a litre and about 70p of that is tax.Hence the economical 1.2 16v engine that has a stupid amount of mid-range power when its needed and a nice top speed 108mph (on paper, which is wrong because I've had it at 120).

    I'll go with everyone and say steering wheel controls are great too.

    It's almost 3 bucks here in my town (brazilian bucks that is but it's the same)

    ps: Wait untill DF and kid see this thread

  • twiz
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:17 AM
    • #14
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    ...speaking of fuel efficiency

    I'll be happy if I get 15mpg. I'm expecting around 12mpg

    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    i've got an i4 with 20 valves and a turbo gogo 30 mpg highway.

    I've got a v8 with 16 valves and a turbo

    Oh and hessi nice mini, really great condition!

  • Mojo
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:18 AM
    • #15

    what a cool mini

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:19 AM
    • #16
    Quote from twiz

    I've got a v8 with 16 valves and a turbo

    ....lets drag

  • st0lve
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:20 AM
    • #17

    twiz wins the thread.

    I don't have a car, I've been drving my mums skoda fabia for a little time now, it sucks more than ANYTHING.

    I can't wait til I get my license and get to drive dads 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

  • zaphod
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:22 AM
    • #18

    hessi that mini rocks!

  • Ginger Lord
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:28 AM
    • #19

    Mini's suck, I hate the ride in them. Quite spacious for the size but you know you're in trouble when you and a mate can pick up your friends car and move it over the otherside of the town square.

    My computer says I'm getting 42.5mpg at the moment and I've been driving it quite harshly, wonder what it will be on a motorway run.

  • dissonance
    • August 11, 2006 at 12:31 AM
    • #20

    hessi wins

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™