1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Dead Rising demo

  • ginsengavenger
  • August 5, 2006 at 5:50 AM
  • ginsengavenger
    • August 5, 2006 at 5:50 AM
    • #1

    I picked up a frying pan, put it on the grill for a sec, walked over to a zombie and burned him in the face with it. Then I took a picture of what I just did.

    Tuesday can't come soon enough.

  • JamesL
    • August 5, 2006 at 9:59 AM
    • #2

    Putting the little lego block heads on a bunch of zombies n watching em walk around bumping into each other...

    Priceless

  • General Vivi
    • August 5, 2006 at 10:01 AM
    • #3

    yeah i saw a video clip of that.............. wtf

  • Mazy
    • August 5, 2006 at 2:43 PM
    • #4

    Good fun replayed it like 10 times (damn 15 min block!), I'm still slightly concered as to how long it will stay fun however. Sure its a big mall, and there's loads of gear to play with, but from what I've seen and played so far then it looks like it'll get pretty repetitve after a weekends play or so.

    Really hope I'm wrong though, and it might just be me thats expecting too much from it.

    Also, really love the visual style they got going on. Semi realistic characters and really sharp colours ftw!

  • ReNo
    • August 5, 2006 at 2:49 PM
    • #5

    Fun fun fun I agree with Mazy that it could get old kinda quick, but I love my 360 for short burst games and this seems like another good one. Great looking too - the zombie animations are great!

  • Tequila
    • August 5, 2006 at 4:40 PM
    • #6

    The missions and all that jazz should keep things from going stale.

    Can't believe we have to wait another month though. Europe... raped by Capcom yet again.

  • Lee3dee
    • August 5, 2006 at 5:43 PM
    • #7

    kept me amused for about 30 mins, then it got very boring. Definately a game for the mindless . Saints Row demo was terrible, trying so hard to be GTA except there with less people and cars.

  • Sa74n
    • August 5, 2006 at 6:23 PM
    • #8

    just had a play here at the office. hilarious game and i cant wait for the games release. is there going to be a multiplayer or even coop part aswell? i HOPE so!

  • General Vivi
    • August 5, 2006 at 7:56 PM
    • #9

    wait where can i find the demo.

  • ReNo
    • August 5, 2006 at 8:33 PM
    • #10

    Its up on the Xbox Live Marketplace vivi - just check the new releases or game demos section.

  • Low
    • August 6, 2006 at 12:28 AM
    • #11

    Simply Amazing. I love going from store to store finding new weapons to kill zombies with. I'm probably definatley going to pick this up after playing the demo. I was probably going to before but this has made me 100% sure.

  • General Vivi
    • August 6, 2006 at 1:16 AM
    • #12
    Quote from ReNo

    Its up on the Xbox Live Marketplace vivi - just check the new releases or game demos section.

    oh its an xbox demo? no pc? *sigh*

  • ginsengavenger
    • August 6, 2006 at 2:36 AM
    • #13

    I don't think it will get old too quickly. The missions will give it structure, there are boss fights and many, many unique events. There seems to be quite a lot more depth than you might expect, with the stat building, learning new stuff at the book stores--photography, skateboard tricks, wrestling(!)... notice you can collect ingredients and mix your own smoothies at the drink bar, that give you different abilities? There's sure to be a ton of that kind of stuff.

  • RD
    • August 6, 2006 at 9:09 AM
    • #14

    For those of us who dont know the game, this is what i have concluded from reading this thread:

    1) The game is for xbox 360

    2) The game is about zombies

    3) The game gets boring after 30 mins

  • Alf-Life
    • August 6, 2006 at 10:33 AM
    • #15

    I played this at E3... I practically bought my 360 for this game.

    The 72 hour thing intrigues me... anyone know how this is gonna work? At E3 you had the kind of GoldenEye watch thing and it said something about the helicopter picking you up in such-and-such-time, will this be realtime?

  • RD
    • August 6, 2006 at 10:54 AM
    • #16

    I just looked it up on Gspot, it looks like the kinda game i would buy a console for. Waitin for a review tho

  • ReNo
    • August 6, 2006 at 11:56 AM
    • #17

    Your wish is 1up's command RD

  • RD
    • August 6, 2006 at 12:36 PM
    • #18

    [Blocked Image: http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2914/media8xu9.jpg]

    This shot fascinated me

  • hamst3r
    • August 6, 2006 at 3:50 PM
    • #19

    I actaully wish I had a 360 now.

  • Grinwhrl
    • August 6, 2006 at 8:29 PM
    • #20

    Thinking im going to have to buy an Xbox after playing this and a couple other demos. So much fun!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™