1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Interesting take on the commercial failure of BG&E...

  • Furyo
  • August 3, 2006 at 11:22 AM
  • ReNo
    • August 16, 2006 at 1:30 PM
    • #21

    Oh RD, one of these days your scepticism will be the death of you.

    /prophecy

  • sensee
    • August 16, 2006 at 1:38 PM
    • #22
    Quote from ReNo

    Once Ancel has finished rekindling his fire with Rayman he'd better get on to making a game that lives up to BG&E's potential. It was such a good premise and hinted at such great things, but for me it never reached the heights it should have. BG&E scaled up to match something like The Wind Waker would be a beautiful thing indeed.

    I agree

    I played BG&E and the gameplay reminded me of zelda in many ways, but of course it's not nearly as good as zelda (link to past, ocarina, ww)

    It's still a wonderful game.

  • RD
    • August 16, 2006 at 2:08 PM
    • #23
    Quote from ReNo

    Oh RD, one of these days your scepticism will be the death of you./prophecy

    I dont play good games. I dont have time for anything but the best [Blocked Image: http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4600/emotsmile1sw6.gif]

  • Furyo
    • August 20, 2006 at 8:10 PM
    • #24

    If you're gonna get it, pick up a console version (PS2, GC, Xbox). Don't even try the PC port, or you'll be disappointed. It's buggy to say the least.

  • RD
    • August 21, 2006 at 10:03 AM
    • #25

    But according to Peris it is superb.....

  • RD
    • August 21, 2006 at 11:29 AM
    • #26

    Do i need a gamepad for the PC version to enjoy it?

  • Thrik
    • August 21, 2006 at 7:19 PM
    • #27

    It's really a console game, so for it to be as good on a PC you need to make your PC feel like a console. So yes, you'd need a game pad to be comfortable. I personally think the TV effect actually improves the graphics too, since on the PC the high definition means you can see the relatively low resolution textures and such, while on a TV that slight blurring masks it.

    I only played the PC demo so I don't know how the full game is, but I immediately thought it both looked and felt better on my GameCube. If you have a console then get it for the console is my best advice.

  • KungFuSquirrel
    • August 21, 2006 at 7:49 PM
    • #28

    As someone who owns it on all 4 platforms...

    PC's graphics are on par with the Xbox overall, but can be run much higher resolution - I actually preferred the visuals by far at 1600x1200, but felt the gamepads were much more solid than the keyboard/mouse. default GC/wavebird controller was the best fit, methinks.

    Visually: PC, Xbox, GC, PS2

    Gameplay: GC, Xbox, PC, PS2

  • Izuno
    • August 21, 2006 at 9:04 PM
    • #29

    Sounds like Xbox is the way to go for me. I should finally check it out.

  • SnipaMasta
    • August 22, 2006 at 3:07 AM
    • #30

    I've never played it, although if there's a port I'm tempted. It's meant to be quite similar to LBA so if you like this, you'll probably like that. (Funnily enough, the person behind LBA was french too!)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 4 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™