1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Guitar newb

  • KoKo5oVaR
  • July 13, 2006 at 7:01 PM
  • KoKo5oVaR
    • July 13, 2006 at 7:01 PM
    • #1

    I've just bought an electric guitar yesterday, a stratocaster

    [Blocked Image: http://privat.bluezone.no/toreruus/Bilder/Stratocaster.jpg]

    The problem is that i've never played guitar before, so i try to slowly learn it by myself.

    So my question is : does anyone know some good websites with video tutorials to begin with guitar ?

    thanks

  • GrayFox
    • July 13, 2006 at 7:37 PM
    • #2

    You might find something useful at http://%7boption%7d

  • OL
    • July 13, 2006 at 9:04 PM
    • #3

    just wail on it

  • kleinluka
    • July 13, 2006 at 9:26 PM
    • #4

    I started playing not too long ago. If I was home right now I could give u some useful links...I'll post later.

    But basically just look up chords on the internet and start learning the basic chords G F E D C A and try switching from chord to chord. It's a pretty tedious process and can be very frustrating but if you stick with it it's gonna be so worth it in the end.... Have fun =) That's a nice guitar btw... I have a Yamaha Acoustic guitar (fucking love it) and an Ibanez Electric...

  • jfas
    • July 13, 2006 at 10:11 PM
    • #5

    listen to old american jazz and try and copy what they do

  • Minos
    • July 14, 2006 at 12:01 AM
    • #6

    I've been thinking about getting one but money is short for me

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • July 14, 2006 at 12:49 AM
    • #7

    I've paid it with all the stuff and the amplifier : 250 €, so 698.694 Real or approximatively 14 624.6 rupees , quite a good deal for a gibson

    thanks for the advices dudes

  • kleinluka
    • July 14, 2006 at 7:08 AM
    • #8

    its not a gibson, its a fender.

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • July 14, 2006 at 12:43 PM
    • #9

    That's not mine on the photo klein , i'll take you a photo of it when i'll get my camera back, so to say, in 2 weeks

  • kleinluka
    • July 14, 2006 at 3:32 PM
    • #10

    you said you bought a stratocaster... thats fender ;o

    why would you post a pic of a guitar if thats not the type of guitar that you bought

  • cyberjunkie
    • July 14, 2006 at 4:42 PM
    • #11
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    I've paid it with all the stuff and the amplifier : 250 €, so 698.694 Real or approximatively 14 624.6 rupees , quite a good deal for a gibsonthanks for the advices dudes

    Why thank you! for including the price in rupees , Looks like a nice guitar, I have an acoustic one and I suck. I've been trying to teach myself how to play it using the internet . I've also been thinking of buying an electric.

    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ has nice lessons of some songs and how they're played. They split songs up in sections and explain each section with a mp3 and stuff. Pretty nice way to learn to play

  • Minos
    • August 1, 2006 at 6:20 AM
    • #12

    Omai I finally managed to get a decent guitar It's an Stringberg with that Floyd Rose stuff (for the lever, though it's not attached now) and pedals. Now I need more money to buy an amp

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/eot…mino_guitar.jpg]

    (yeah, throwing the horns again. For you d3 <3)

    I also found a neat site full of tabs and shit: http://www.911tabs.com/

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • August 1, 2006 at 4:07 PM
    • #13

    MINO WE HAVE ALMOST THE SAME

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/guitare.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/guitare2.jpg]

  • Bic-B@ll
    • August 1, 2006 at 4:50 PM
    • #14

    your pictures need more horns

  • kleinluka
    • August 1, 2006 at 4:55 PM
    • #15

    my acoustic:

    [Blocked Image: http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8827/s34000036wx.jpg]

    my electric:

    [Blocked Image: http://media.zzounds.com/media/fit,325by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/AX7221GP-77340ef1d5cda56f0ead868a5e2c24ba.jpg]

    my amp:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.musikhaus-sternengasse.de/images/photos/pathfinder.jpg]

  • Ginger Lord
    • August 1, 2006 at 7:20 PM
    • #16

    More importantly than these guitars, I spy Ocarina of Time poking in the edge of one of the photos.

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • August 1, 2006 at 7:30 PM
    • #17
    Quote from ginger_lord

    More importantly than these guitars, I spy Ocarina of Time poking in the edge of one of the photos.

    And donkey kong country 3 foo~

  • Minos
    • August 1, 2006 at 10:16 PM
    • #18

    You play 7 strings too klein ?

  • kleinluka
    • August 1, 2006 at 10:34 PM
    • #19

    oops. wrong pic.

    No, 6 strings... the ibanez pic i posted is a different model (very similar in looks), I'll post a pic of MY electric when i get home... I don't really like it tho... planning to exchange it for a hollow-body epiphone soon.

  • Thrik
    • August 1, 2006 at 11:40 PM
    • #20

    Mapcore band?????

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 5 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™