1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

DoD: Source update tonight

  • skdr
  • June 28, 2006 at 10:47 AM
  • skdr
    • June 28, 2006 at 10:47 AM
    • #1

    Valve is going to release a pretty massive update to Day of Defeat: Source tonight with new gameplay mode and few fixes and tweaks.

    > Read More...

    Also there are few videos and reviews out.

    Videos:

    > dod_colmar video

    > dod_jagd video

    Previews:

    > gamehelper.com

    > Techgage.com

    > Hlportal ( in german )

    > Gamespot.com ( with a short gameplay vid )

    > Firingsquad.com

    > Internote.net

    I can't wait to play this.

  • Nysuatro
    • June 28, 2006 at 11:10 AM
    • #2

    It looks like a good update

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • June 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM
    • #3

    hooray objective bombing, when will they include the hostages ?

  • General Vivi
    • June 28, 2006 at 11:14 AM
    • #4

    in soviet russia hostages save you!

  • Furyo
    • June 28, 2006 at 4:16 PM
    • #5

    Yeah I definitely can't wait to try it. Hope it turns out good, but I am confident. I've been slowing the dev of my new map to try and see if it could be turned into an objective one....

  • Izuno
    • June 28, 2006 at 5:20 PM
    • #6
    Quote from generalvivi

    in soviet russia hostages save you!

    LOL!

    I, like insta, have a special fancy for DoD:S. can't wait for the update!!!

    Insta: I hope one day you have a map in a DoD:S update. your stuff rocks!

  • insta
    • June 28, 2006 at 5:43 PM
    • #7
    Quote from Izuno

    LOL!

    I, like insta, have a special fancy for DoD:S. can't wait for the update!!!

    Insta: I hope one day you have a map in a DoD:S update. your stuff rocks!

    Thanks! Fingers crossed

  • Ginger Lord
    • June 28, 2006 at 5:48 PM
    • #8

    I know its never going to be as fun for me as the original, but lets hope this is worth me reinstalling it for. This "update" with the objectives (detonation my arse) gameplay should have been in from the start.

  • Grinwhrl
    • June 28, 2006 at 5:56 PM
    • #9

    update looks great but comon, more city maps, lets see some forests, mountians, lakes, something more open.

  • alexroyce
    • June 28, 2006 at 6:12 PM
    • #10
    Quote from Dark

    update looks great but comon, more city maps, lets see some forests, mountians, lakes, something more open.

    We might get some after Ep 2 is released as that seems to have a bit of forest/countryside in it.

  • Thrik
    • June 28, 2006 at 6:14 PM
    • #11

    Glad to see DOD:S is at least starting to grow a map portfolio that might make more people take it seriously. In comparison to the original, launching with four maps was pretty horrendous.

    Still a good game though.

  • Polaris
    • June 28, 2006 at 6:18 PM
    • #12

    I want to see HQ style gameplay in DoDs

    Ah, good ole Call of Duty

  • Zeta
    • June 28, 2006 at 6:36 PM
    • #13

    How about fixing the sdk first

  • ShaDoW
    • June 28, 2006 at 6:41 PM
    • #14
    Quote from Zete

    How about fixing the sdk first

    Yeah, that damn thing has been acting up for a month now, wish Valve was a bit more concerned with these things.

    Looking forward to the DoD: Source update though, I'm an avid player.

  • Polaris
    • June 28, 2006 at 7:39 PM
    • #15

    What problems with the sdk exactly? Mine seems to run just fine. :0

  • Zeta
    • June 28, 2006 at 7:47 PM
    • #16

    It's hammer that's totally wrecked atm.

    The hl2 config is the only one that works correctly - the cs:s config features fun filled visual model glitches in the 3d window and brush selection is totally shot to hell.

  • Ginger Lord
    • June 28, 2006 at 7:55 PM
    • #17

    I wish they'd actually do a code update to the main SDK aswell, its been 13 months without an update to it...

  • Furyo
    • June 28, 2006 at 8:02 PM
    • #18
    Quote from Zete

    It's hammer that's totally wrecked atm.The hl2 config is the only one that works correctly - the cs:s config features fun filled visual model glitches in the 3d window and brush selection is totally shot to hell.

    That's the same for DoD:S, but it's a directX related issue, which you can easily solve by adding -dxlevel 80 to your Hammer shortcut. I know I don't have any issues with the SDK since I fixed that.

  • Zeta
    • June 28, 2006 at 8:07 PM
    • #19

    Yeah i tried the dxlevel parameter but to no avail.

  • Izuno
    • June 28, 2006 at 8:08 PM
    • #20
    Quote from Furyo

    That's the same for DoD:S, but it's a directX related issue, which you can easily solve by adding -dxlevel 80 to your Hammer shortcut. I know I don't have any issues with the SDK since I fixed that.

    Yes that fixed my hammer issue as well. Works great!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 5 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™