1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Camera Advice

  • Squirrelly
  • April 23, 2006 at 6:51 AM
  • Squirrelly
    • April 23, 2006 at 6:51 AM
    • #1

    Alright guys, I'm saving up for a new camera. Since quite a few of you guys know about photography and cameras, I thought I'd ask you experts. I basically want a camera around $500, great quality, and I'd prefer an DSLR. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently thinking about the Nikon D50...

  • Fletch
    • April 23, 2006 at 7:10 AM
    • #2

    At that price point, go with the D50 (or a D70s if you can find one cheap). You'd be up another couple hundred dollars for a Rebel XT and there isn't a giant world of difference between the two.

    I've got a D50 and love it.

    Whatever you do, don't by the Olympus or Konica DSLRs. They are horrible. At the entry range, it's all about the D50 and XT.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™