1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Studio 1

  • von*ferret
  • March 29, 2006 at 6:49 PM
  • von*ferret
    • May 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM
    • #81

    [Blocked Image: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~zaford20/work/ingame20.jpg]

    as always more information provided at my journal http://studentpages.scad.edu/~zaford20/

  • von*ferret
    • May 29, 2006 at 10:58 AM
    • #82

    HOpefuly this fall I can continue work on this. I'd love to go back and fix the crappy textures i made. As soon as this project ends I have to start preproduction for the group class I have this summer. That project will take all of my time up. Then again, hopefuly by this fall I"ll have a job lined up

  • KoKo5oVaR
    • May 29, 2006 at 12:13 PM
    • #83

    Nice progress ferret! it's maybe just me, but i think that a more coloured lighting could fit in way better

  • Defrag
    • May 29, 2006 at 12:58 PM
    • #84

    looking very cool

  • Zacker
    • May 29, 2006 at 3:32 PM
    • #85

    Overall this project looks very much "ok" overall. There are no particular ugly things, except for that the game haven't been run on high detail/res when taking the pictures. It looks like that almost all textures share the same basecolor or something which makes it look rather bland.

  • von*ferret
    • May 29, 2006 at 8:31 PM
    • #86

    You make some valid points, I'll definately run full lightmaps before releasing more pictures. Texturing is something I know i have to work on in general. Both in terms of creating better textures and getting better variation inside the level.

  • nico
    • May 29, 2006 at 9:08 PM
    • #87

    well didnt the entire battlefield game look like that? i mean, as far as i can remember, pretty much everything looked like it was made of clay/mud.. Oh well, at least you got that blue crane-thingy brightening the place up a bit. =) Perhaps make big posters on top of buildings? those are allways good for color, same with street signs. Keep it up!

  • Bic-B@ll
    • June 14, 2006 at 11:38 PM
    • #88

    :arrow: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~zaford20/project.html

  • ReNo
    • June 14, 2006 at 11:52 PM
    • #89

    It looks a little bland and empty in places, but there is some really neat work in there. I love some of the building designs in particular I think its inevitable that its going to feel somewhat empty when you are just one guy trying to build everything with a deadline, so I think you are doing a great job. Keep it up man, best of luck with it all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™