1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Maya exporting problem

  • Oski
  • March 21, 2006 at 10:10 AM
  • Oski
    • March 21, 2006 at 10:10 AM
    • #1

    Im having two different exporting problems when I am exporting these very simple models from Maya to HL2. Im using Pralls exporter and i think ive set everything up right.

    THe first problem is, when I export this model, it gets exported correctly, it seems, but the problem is, when I look at it ingame, the face facing down, the white one, gets some weird shading error. When looking at it from one side, it gets a shadow over it, but when I look at it from the other side, it looks fine. This is ingame only, its not like this in maya. When i shine on it with a flashlight, the shadow becomes even more obvious. And its only one face.

    This is the model:

    [Blocked Image: http://valkyria.campus.luth.se/oski/Stuff/Old%20fluorescent.jpg]

    And, im trying to get that face selfilluminated without sucess too. I tried making a alpha channel over that area on the texture, but how do I know if the alpha is working? Its not selfillumiated ingame, but i did put "$selfillum" "1" it in the VMT.

    I got another problem. I created another simple model to use in my map, its a spire sort of, and its gonna sit on a roof. I cant think of anything ive done different from the first time, and i think ive tried everything, but for some reason, the smd doesent get exported correctly. When i compile the smd with studiomdl.exe it doesent create any *.phy file for me. Ive even tried to make a collision model for the model and use it, but it doesent help.

    This is the model:

    [Blocked Image: http://valkyria.campus.luth.se/oski/Stuff/spire.jpg]

    Ive been stuck with this for several days now. Any help is appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™