1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

[PLOBLEM] 9800pro @ xt not showing some resolutions?

  • ⌐■_■
  • February 5, 2006 at 11:39 PM
  • ⌐■_■
    • February 5, 2006 at 11:39 PM
    • #1

    Hi guys,

    Here is my issue:

    I have bought a 9800pro, flashed to xt stock speeds. The card has a r360 core and is being cooled by a powerfull artic silencer. I have never had any problems concerning artifacts or other fooked up things on my monitor.

    The thing is: my monitor goes into standby mode when I put it on the following resolutions: 1280 x 1024, and: 1360 x 1024. Of course I allready tried a few things, respectively:

    - flashed from xt to pro and vice versa

    - locked refreshrates at lowest

    - adjusted voltages

    - tried another monitor

    - tried several drivers, including older drivers and omega drivers

    - updated to latest mobo bios

    - reinstalled drivers, after removing all drivers (nvida, ati and onboard s3)

    - installed windows servicepack 2

    It's not that it's impossible because I have gotten this card to display the mentioned resolutions but that was when I just flashed the card. Windows was 'recognizing' the newly flashed card as 'new' and did not make use of the allready installed ati drivers. When I restarted my pc, I again, was unable to load the mentioned resolutions.

    I am out of solutions (no pun intended, lam0r). Can anybody help me? Advice is greatly appreciated!

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2006 at 12:27 AM
    • #2

    Nope, both models (Iilyama VM 1451 and Dell p09, both 19 -and 17 inch) are tested on both resolutions.

  • ginsengavenger
    • February 6, 2006 at 2:21 AM
    • #3

    (whups I hit the wrong button... that missing post was asking if it was possible the monitors didn't support those resolutions)

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2006 at 11:51 AM
    • #4

    No problem

  • mawibse
    • February 6, 2006 at 1:06 PM
    • #5

    Try these drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2006 at 1:29 PM
    • #6

    Did that. It didn't work.

  • rockdude86
    • February 6, 2006 at 3:35 PM
    • #7

    dont know shit about this kinda stuff... but seems to me windows is a bit confused maybe try the card in a different comp??

  • Spellbinder
    • February 6, 2006 at 3:58 PM
    • #8

    Do you have the proper drive to the monitor?

    Spellbinder.

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2006 at 11:11 AM
    • #9

    My monitor does not need drivers to run on XP plus I haven't found any for my vision master 1451...

  • Spellbinder
    • February 7, 2006 at 12:20 PM
    • #10

    Well i can only speak for me and I have had problems with refreshrate and resolution before even though i had right drivers for the card, but when i used the right ones for my monitor i solved it.

    I don't think generic monitors can handle everything.

    I know for a fact that it doesn't handle all refreshrates because i just recently (2 days ago) tried to change it on my monitor and i don't have the right drives.

    Anyways here you have the drives for your monitor, only drawback is that you have to register, but thats cheep for a driver you need.

    Its at Driverguide and if you google it you probably could find it elsewhere and maybe even without have to register.

    http://%7boption%7d

    At least its worth a try, and if nothing else it always feels better when you know you have the right stuff for your things.

    Spellbinder.

  • skdr
    • February 7, 2006 at 1:04 PM
    • #11

    Disable the refresh locks on every resolution and try again.

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2006 at 2:37 PM
    • #12

    Thank you very much, spellbinder!

    How do I disable the refreshlocks on every resolution, skdr?

  • skdr
    • February 7, 2006 at 2:42 PM
    • #13

    How did you enable refresh lock in first place?

  • Spellbinder
    • February 7, 2006 at 2:44 PM
    • #14

    Untick that little box that says "only show refresh that the monitor can handle"

    I'll do a screenie for you hold on.

    [Edit]

    Dammit i forgot i had swedish os, but i think you know how to get to the refresh any way.

    [Blocked Image: http://home.c2i.net/berixon/jpg/refresh.jpg]

    Use the right drive!!!

    [/edit]

    Spellbinder.

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2006 at 2:49 PM
    • #15

    Wow! I'm totally stunned by your fast replies!

    And Spellbinder, I used that method. It's just that I wanted to be sure to have used the same method.

    Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™