1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

sunset canyon thing painting

  • Hourences
  • February 4, 2006 at 5:22 PM
  • Hourences
    • February 4, 2006 at 5:22 PM
    • #1

    Again no level or game stuff, sue me

    I plan to pick up level stuff or so in the next few months again, just had to do some new stuff first now to widen my skills a bit

    So after my kitchen rendering I now got a photoshop matte painting like landscape.

    First digital painting I ever did

    Sky is a little fuxxor or weird at some places. It was the first thing I painted and you can prolly see that...less experience

    clicke

    http://users.pandora.be/Hourences/sunsetcanyon.jpg

    2 months of and on work

    ~100 photoshop layers

  • h2
    • February 4, 2006 at 5:49 PM
    • #2

    It's a very nice painting.

    edit: nvm

  • Mazy
    • February 4, 2006 at 6:31 PM
    • #3

    I like it, it strangely enough reminds me of some of the stuff Blue Byte had in the Settlers games, theres something about the style

    Hmmm~

  • DaanO
    • February 4, 2006 at 7:22 PM
    • #4

    It's really well done but personally i think it'd be cooler / prettier / better if you'd make a more clear choice between a colored line drawing and a colorist painting

  • JAL
    • February 4, 2006 at 7:27 PM
    • #5

    Beautiful, I wish I could do thatkind of painting in PS

  • RD
    • February 4, 2006 at 9:45 PM
    • #6

    It is awesome

  • Skjalg
    • February 5, 2006 at 6:53 AM
    • #7
    Quote from Mazy

    I like it, it strangely enough reminds me of some of the stuff Blue Byte had in the Settlers games, theres something about the styleHmmm~

    Can't say I agree with you thar~~

    or maybe the IV one...

    Hmmm:~]

  • Grinwhrl
    • February 5, 2006 at 5:37 PM
    • #8

    awesome

  • General Vivi
    • February 5, 2006 at 6:50 PM
    • #9

    wow that looks really really nice

  • Hourences
    • February 10, 2006 at 6:59 PM
    • #10

    Thanks for the comments

    I found back a painting I made last year and touched it up with the new skills I gained from the sunset

    Result

    http://users.pandora.be/Hourences/bospad1.jpg

    .

  • Nysuatro
    • February 10, 2006 at 7:39 PM
    • #11

    Beautiful ^^

  • DaanO
    • February 10, 2006 at 8:02 PM
    • #12

    I love it. (also because it seems to be more coherent in style)

  • Zacker
    • February 10, 2006 at 8:54 PM
    • #13

    I really like it, that sunset canyon pic looks fantastic!

  • Minos
    • February 10, 2006 at 9:51 PM
    • #14

    I like both of them

  • Steppenwolf
    • February 10, 2006 at 10:57 PM
    • #15

    I really like your drawing style. The rocks look somehow fluid/psychedelic. Thats cool.

  • Hourences
    • February 11, 2006 at 10:42 AM
    • #16

    Glad you people like it

    Peri I cant change the plant colors because that would make the painting much more boring due to less colors, it was my intention to make good use of blue orange green because the colors work so well together and give a good feeling

    The other stuff you mentioned Im aware off and indeed is bad but its cause of my crap painting experience and skill

    I just hope those probs arent too noticable until you start looking in detail at it

  • dissonance
    • March 2, 2006 at 8:38 PM
    • #17

    Damn, that looks amazing.

    ...have a DA?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™