1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Graphics card help!

  • D3ads
  • January 25, 2006 at 3:06 PM
  • D3ads
    • January 25, 2006 at 3:06 PM
    • #1

    Right I can take back the GF 6200 I got and get a refund allowing me to choose another card, I know I was recommended the GF 6800 but which model?! I have an AGP slot not PCI express so it's proving a bit difficult. I've found this model:

    http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=317265&cks=NWP

    Does that look ok? I want something high-end whilst not costing too much, £200 and a bit more would be enough. I also don't want a dud model with a lower clockspeed than other models of this type, if you get where I'm coming from...

    I'm useless with GFX cards

  • D3ads
    • January 25, 2006 at 3:22 PM
    • #2

    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/6800_Series.html

    They all look mighty fine..

  • ⌐■_■
    • January 25, 2006 at 3:50 PM
    • #3

    The BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC (1st one) seems to deliver the biggest bang for your buck. Apart from the fact that it has higher clockspeeds, it also has a lifetime warranty.

    Also be sure to check it's requirements. You might want to buy a new power supply.

  • D3ads
    • January 25, 2006 at 3:55 PM
    • #4
    Quote from killertomato

    The BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC (1st one) seems to deliver the biggest bang for your buck. Apart from the fact that it has higher clockspeeds, it also has a lifetime warranty.Also be sure to check it's requirements. You might want to buy a new power supply.

    My relevant specs are:

    Pentium 4 3.2GHZ

    1GB RAM

    DVD-RW / CD-RW

    120GB HD

    Not sure what the powerpack is, I know it's very powerful though, I'll have to double check...

  • ⌐■_■
    • January 25, 2006 at 6:02 PM
    • #5

    Just checked. The BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC needs a 450W power supply.

    You don't need to worry about the rest of your specs at all. That's perfectly fine.

  • Dr.DK
    • January 25, 2006 at 7:11 PM
    • #6

    Buy a Zalman graphics card cooler too, because my 6800 sounds like it's vacuum cleaning the room.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™