1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Some sort of...person...thing....for a contest. (update x2)

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
  • January 24, 2006 at 12:36 AM
  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • January 24, 2006 at 12:36 AM
    • #1

    Well, this is something I've started for a contest. There's no poly limit, but the lower it is, the better. Especially with the amount of detail that's going to go into this. I started 2 days ago, and this is what I'm left w/, currently at 2.7k tris. I am aware of a few smoothing errors.

    [Blocked Image: http://i1.tinypic.com/mic9au.jpg]

  • ReNo
    • January 24, 2006 at 2:23 AM
    • #2

    Yows, impressive stuff. I especially like the little jaw spikes/horns - the design is hardly the most original but that little touch gives him a bit of character Looking solid so far anyway, good luck in the contest!

  • von*ferret
    • January 24, 2006 at 9:39 AM
    • #3

    I dig it, a lot

  • teeluu
    • January 24, 2006 at 12:42 PM
    • #4

    Ye, this is cool, good luck with the contest

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • January 25, 2006 at 3:55 AM
    • #5

    [Blocked Image: http://i1.tinypic.com/mjrdlg.jpg]

    Update.

  • Nysuatro
    • January 25, 2006 at 6:11 AM
    • #6

    The weapon is not very impressif

  • Skjalg
    • January 25, 2006 at 8:06 AM
    • #7

    Couldnt that throateffect been achieved with good normalmapping or some such?

  • General Vivi
    • January 25, 2006 at 11:30 AM
    • #8

    reminds me of something from final fantasy . makes me just want to melt in my chair . le sigh * good job

    <3 ~ teh vivi

  • ⌐■_■
    • January 25, 2006 at 11:33 AM
    • #9
    Quote from Skjalg

    Couldnt that throateffect been achieved with good normalmapping or some such?

    I don't think it would look this good then.

  • teeluu
    • January 25, 2006 at 12:43 PM
    • #10
    Quote from Nysuatro

    The weapon is not very impressif

    What's wrong with it? imo it looks as good as the character itself

  • Nysuatro
    • January 25, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • #11
    Quote from Swifty-

    What's wrong with it? imo it looks as good as the character itself

    Tis just my opinion. I think thet dont match, buts just the way of my tast

  • Meotwister
    • January 26, 2006 at 3:06 AM
    • #12

    I get what you're sayin, it could be a bit more interesting or . . .

    give it something flashy or something, if that makes sense.

    I'm liking this guy man.

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • January 27, 2006 at 1:04 AM
    • #13

    [Blocked Image: http://i1.tinypic.com/mm3k83.jpg]

    Time for the texture.

  • ReNo
    • January 27, 2006 at 2:39 AM
    • #14

    Very cool - can't wait to see how you texture this puppy

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • January 27, 2006 at 6:06 AM
    • #15

    [Blocked Image: http://i1.tinypic.com/mmbgwk.jpg]

    I can't be bothered to work on the skin, i've been doing it for most of the night. I'm not satisfied, but it'll have to do since I'm getting crunched w/ time.

  • General Vivi
    • January 27, 2006 at 7:31 AM
    • #16

    i was thinking you should go with a grey metal and red theme. change that middle thing down the top metal face plate to red . see how that looks

  • von*ferret
    • January 28, 2006 at 12:37 AM
    • #17

    thats fucking hot

  • nico
    • January 28, 2006 at 12:53 PM
    • #18

    looking good! i agree with generalvivi`s suggestion.

  • rockdude86
    • January 28, 2006 at 1:31 PM
    • #19

    looking really kick ass man! really like your style hehe... only the purple skin bothers me a bit, maybe make it more blue/greyish

  • CyanideCotdPnuts
    • January 28, 2006 at 5:34 PM
    • #20
    Quote from rockdude86

    maybe make it more blue/greyish

    I actually did that before you even suggested it, haha.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™