1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

steam sucks

  • Taylor Swift
  • December 23, 2005 at 7:56 AM
  • curman
    • December 24, 2005 at 2:42 AM
    • #21

    i was in good hope to release HOUSE 7 tonight too

  • Tequila
    • December 24, 2005 at 2:56 AM
    • #22
    Quote from curman

    i was in good hope to release HOUSE 7 tonight too


    In that order.

  • TomWithTheWeather
    • December 24, 2005 at 6:24 AM
    • #23

    I've never had any problems with it either, but then again I open/use it like once a month.

  • Zyn
    • December 24, 2005 at 7:28 AM
    • #24

    There was an SDK update recently, fixing the app211 error and stuff, and DoD:Source works too without crashing :X

  • teeluu
    • December 24, 2005 at 3:01 PM
    • #25

    They update everything too often. I'd really like to have bigger updates less often like it was at the time of won

    @ ferret, steam is a try, but not a good one. It's just my and tons of other people's opinion. If it would be voluntary then i'd say it's great. :roll:

  • Defrag
    • December 24, 2005 at 3:44 PM
    • #26

    Do they even test these updates? :/ I've lost count of the number of times a Steam update has wrecked my Source SDK, causing me to reset/reinstall it. It's a real hassle.

  • ReNo
    • December 24, 2005 at 6:55 PM
    • #27

    Half of the benefit of steam is that they can roll out small updates frequently and therefore not make people have to sit and wait for big 100mb downloads like for certain other games. I don't care if there is a 10mb update I have to download every week or whatever, I just throw steam open whenever I'm on my computer to let it do its shit when I don't need my bandwidth for other things.

    I agree that it is ridiculous the amount of times they screw over the SDK with updates however. Every single one seems to destroy something about it. The beta version didn't bother me whatsoever as fact is, it is a beta, but mandatory updates coming along and screwing things up is just annoying. Not that I have opened hammer in months or anything, but I can appreciate why others are annoyed

  • SonicDM
    • December 24, 2005 at 7:14 PM
    • #28

    i love when they added new models to css. they totally neglected the sdk and didnt update the fgd with the new models. so every playerspawn in my map is a big red ERROR

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™