1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Midway keeps closing studios

  • FrieChamp
  • December 15, 2005 at 11:05 AM
  • FrieChamp
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:05 AM
    • #1

    So according to the news from yesterday, the Midway studio "Ratbag" located in Adelaide Australia was closed. Today I read that the studio in San Diego gets shut down!

    Isn't that the place Zaphod worked last at? That would be really bad luck if that's so

  • Mazy
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:12 AM
    • #2

    Yup, seems like it D:

    Poor zap ~

  • JynxDaddy
    • December 15, 2005 at 12:13 PM
    • #3

    Damn, soon the only devs in Australia will be the ones that make flash games

    \/ Stable enough for a yearly conference.

  • Kosmo
    • December 15, 2005 at 12:18 PM
    • #4

    And here I was thinking that Midway had things good.. it's a damn shame when big publishers do things like this, they have no responsibility what so ever towards their employees.

    How bad is the game industrys state in Australia Jynx?

  • st0lve
    • December 15, 2005 at 3:22 PM
    • #5

    Poor Zap... Thats the 2nd time something like that happens to you isn't it?

  • zaphod
    • December 15, 2005 at 6:18 PM
    • #6

    after next time it will be a M-M-M-Monster Kill!!!

  • Izuno
    • December 15, 2005 at 6:19 PM
    • #7

    Poor Zap.

    Poor Midway. I know some poeple there...really nice guys. Plus the HQ is in Chicago which is the bestest city in the world!!! Midway has some rebounds recently with their core brands but still made some bad ones so the financials are hurting.

    Zap we need to get you in a great company that is a match for your talent. If you want to relocate back up to Los Angeles area i'm sure you find something pwnage! (or Texas area...or Seattle area...)

  • st0lve
    • December 15, 2005 at 7:36 PM
    • #8

    Maybe Stalker can be finished then?

    But yeah, Zap you prolly won't have a hard time finding a new job, cause you are le skilled. You are just unlucky I think.

  • PhilipK
    • December 15, 2005 at 7:47 PM
    • #9

    Omg...

    Damn. Sorry to hear that :\

  • zaphod
    • December 15, 2005 at 8:10 PM
    • #10

    don't worry about me, I had a few things in the works day we got let go.

  • ginsengavenger
    • December 15, 2005 at 9:37 PM
    • #11

    send your stuff over to Factor 5

    seriously.

  • Tequila
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:11 PM
    • #12
    Quote from ginsengavenger

    send your stuff over to Factor 5 seriously.

    You really should man.

    I've just looked over your portfolio work again and was reminded how beautiful the stuff you did for Bloodlines (and the aesthetics of Bloodlines in general) was.

  • von*ferret
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:13 PM
    • #13

    i still gotta play bloodlines. God I have a huge list of games I need to play.

  • Tequila
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:56 PM
    • #14
    Quote from von*ferret

    i still gotta play bloodlines. God I have a huge list of games I need to play.

    You're slipping, man. Slipping into a life without games.

    What kinda life is that?

  • zaphod
    • December 16, 2005 at 12:24 AM
    • #15

    http://%7boption%7d

    just put a few gauntlet shots up.

    I'm not looking to move out of San Diego for now, and so far it looks like I wont have to. I just got back here seems like, I'm not too eager to move my whole life again.

  • Kosmo
    • December 16, 2005 at 6:33 AM
    • #16

    This is the first time I see your stuff in a portfolio.

    I knew that you worked on Bloodlines, but I didn't know which pieces. But now that I saw your portfolio, man, you became my new hero.

  • insta
    • December 16, 2005 at 6:40 AM
    • #17

    Sorry to hear this, Zaphod. Best of luck in the future, you deserve it.

  • kleinluka
    • December 16, 2005 at 6:46 AM
    • #18

    you wont have trouble finding work so im not worried. but sad to hear midway is closing studios...did you at least get to ship a title there?

  • PS_Mouse
    • December 16, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    • #19
    Quote from Kosmo

    How bad is the game industrys state in Australia

    Name some high profile aussie made games.

  • zaphod
    • December 16, 2005 at 6:19 PM
    • #20
    Quote from kleinluka

    you wont have trouble finding work so im not worried. but sad to hear midway is closing studios...did you at least get to ship a title there?

    yea, Gauntlet

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 4 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™