1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Darwina

  • DanielAragon
  • December 14, 2005 at 1:19 AM
  • DanielAragon
    • December 14, 2005 at 1:19 AM
    • #1

    Played the demo and it was pretty fun. If you have access to the demo or have bought the full game, post your thoughts here. ...well not here , below.

  • von*ferret
    • December 14, 2005 at 1:42 AM
    • #2

    havn't played it. I watched the trailer and it looked interesting.

  • Irish
    • December 14, 2005 at 7:22 AM
    • #3

    I pre-ordered the full version last week, there supposed to release it later today(i hope) So i'll just wait.....

  • Crackerjack
    • December 14, 2005 at 11:50 AM
    • #4

    A very interesting and addicting game. I really enjoy it.

  • Kosmo
    • December 14, 2005 at 12:04 PM
    • #5

    It looks awesome enough to buy.

    But this reminds me, I should make the game I have been planning to make for so long. UT2k4 mod of Wizard of Wor, that game IS THE SHIT!

  • RD
    • December 14, 2005 at 12:14 PM
    • #6

    the trailer almost convinced me, untill i read on a review that there is no ingame soundtrack

  • BaRRaKID
    • December 14, 2005 at 1:17 PM
    • #7

    there's no soundtrack (as in music) but there are enough sounds to keep you busy. The gameplay is great and really adicting. This would be fun to play on a arcade

  • Bluestrike
    • December 14, 2005 at 5:08 PM
    • #8

    Played a demo a while ago and decided I would order it asap, and I did when steam opened the prepurshase.

  • Izuno
    • December 14, 2005 at 5:59 PM
    • #9

    played the demo last night for a few minutes...didn't have that long.

    the music in the demo/intro thing was pretty cool.

    once I started playing i only had 5 minutes and could see how it would be cool. I really liked the FPS-esque camera controls. I sorta got my ass handed to me cause I didn't try to really learn it yet. seems worthy of more investigation for sure.

    my first thought when looking at it was, "these guys must have concentrated on gameplay quality (design, I mean) rather than graphics" which is obviously a no brainer. But still, there is an engrossing graphical appeal to it.

  • Tequila
    • December 14, 2005 at 7:33 PM
    • #10

    I love how you can take direct control of a squad and zap-zap-zap with the lasers and throw a few pineapples at evil virus-snakes.

  • Crackerjack
    • December 14, 2005 at 7:59 PM
    • #11
    Quote from Tequila

    I love how you can take direct control of a squad and zap-zap-zap with the lasers and throw a few pineapples at evil virus-snakes.

    Yeah the pineapples hehhehe

  • -Stratesiz-
    • December 14, 2005 at 9:14 PM
    • #12

    I played the demo a long time ago. I'm buying it. There are two demos available, both can be googled. The first one isn't as good as the second one though.

  • Tequila
    • December 14, 2005 at 10:10 PM
    • #13
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    I played the demo a long time ago. I'm buying it. There are two demos available, both can be googled. The first one isn't as good as the second one though.

    Yeah, I find the Steam demo level a lot more enjoyable than the older one I played a few months ago.

  • von*ferret
    • December 14, 2005 at 10:12 PM
    • #14

    i skipped the tutorial on accident, anyone know how to get it back?

  • skdr
    • December 14, 2005 at 10:19 PM
    • #15

    Played it. Fucking awesome. I'm definately buying it.

  • Tequila
    • December 14, 2005 at 10:37 PM
    • #16
    Quote from von*ferret

    i skipped the tutorial on accident, anyone know how to get it back?

    I had that problem too amigo, but I just soldiered on. There isn't too much to learn, so if you have any questions I'll try and answer them for you.

  • johnm487
    • December 15, 2005 at 2:18 AM
    • #17

    makes me wish i had a credit card

    the demo was awesome, reminded me of Tron. the full game looks highly addicting. the guy who was talking to you looked like John Malkovich

  • JynxDaddy
    • December 15, 2005 at 5:08 AM
    • #18

    The demo was fun. I liked the story, the gameplay just seemed like it would get boring.

    Not buying.

  • ginsengavenger
    • December 15, 2005 at 5:21 AM
    • #19
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    The demo was fun. I liked the story, the gameplay just seemed like it would get boring.Not buying.

    same here. i only played the last demo from like a year ago though and it wasn't very well explained.

  • RD
    • December 15, 2005 at 11:36 AM
    • #20
    Quote from Tequila

    I had that problem too amigo, but I just soldiered on. There isn't too much to learn, so if you have any questions I'll try and answer them for you.

    Im stuck at some gate on the first island, i dunno how to cross the water

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™