1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

I AM VERY MUCH DISLIKING STEAM TODAY

  • Fletch
  • November 5, 2005 at 12:21 AM
  • PhilipK
    • November 8, 2005 at 4:45 PM
    • #41

    hmm started working today.

    didnt do anything tho.

  • Zacker
    • November 8, 2005 at 5:02 PM
    • #42
    Quote from Jezpuh
    Quote

    i can open hammer while offline, you guys must be dumb. I do alot of mapping when im on the train so u guys must be doing something wrong

    Yes mapping offline can work if you can actually get offline mode to work - which is rumored to have happened to some guy once...

  • D3ads
    • November 8, 2005 at 5:38 PM
    • #43

    If someone actually knows a way to get rid of Steam so I can play the single-player without having to switch on the net all the time, that'd be great and I could actually play some of these new add-ons without ripping my hair out

  • skdr
    • November 8, 2005 at 5:46 PM
    • #44

    You can play Steam games in offline mode

  • RD
    • November 8, 2005 at 6:32 PM
    • #45

    Steam automatically asks if u want to go in offline mode if your not connected to the internet. It first tries to connect for 5mins to the internet tho, but u guys cant be that impatient

  • D3ads
    • November 8, 2005 at 6:38 PM
    • #46

    It wont load at all if the Internet isn't on, I can get it to run in offline mode after it's logged me in but I shouldn't have to do that all the time...

  • kleinluka
    • November 8, 2005 at 9:39 PM
    • #47

    offline mode works fine for me but it doesnt change the fact that its retarded they integrated the game editor into steam...

  • ⌐■_■
    • November 8, 2005 at 11:59 PM
    • #48
    Quote from kleinluka

    offline mode works fine for me but it doesnt change the fact that its retarded they integrated the game editor into steam...

    word

  • alexroyce
    • November 9, 2005 at 3:28 AM
    • #49

    I lost the internet for a week, and during that entire week I managed to get Steam to login to Offline Mode once, and during that time I couldent run anything. HL2, CS:S, HL1, DOD:S, Hammer.. nothing. Every time I tried to run them I got a "This game is not availible in Offline Mode" error. Whats the point of having an Offline Mode when nothing can run with it!? Rediculous.

    Then after I tried re-logging into Offline Mode, Steam would crash with some error of being offline..

    Needless to say, it was a very unproductive week..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™