1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Important please read.

  • mikezilla
  • April 1, 2004 at 9:20 PM
  • mikezilla
    • April 1, 2004 at 9:20 PM
    • #1

    I wasn't sure where else to post this but since most of you guys come to off topic I figured here was the best place...

    A big shitty day all around.

    I talked to Zaphod for a while today about his decision to go back to college and we both kinda came to the decision that mapcore has been on the decline for the past few months... pretty steadily...

    Normally this wouldn't bother me and I wouldn't make any decisions based upon the popularity of the channel... There is a problem however. Right now because of the bandwidth needed to run these forums it's running me 100 dollars a month. Since I took over I've spent well over a thousand dollars on the site and the forums where not much content has actually surfaced. I don't really know what other decision to make.

    If you guys have any ideas on how to not only increase mapcore's awareness but at the same time get money to run the site please feel free to email me or post it here. Spelled out this means within the week I will be shutting down the site.

    best wishes

    mike

  • zaphod
    • April 1, 2004 at 9:44 PM
    • #2

    maybe make it pay like the SA forums?? But there really isn't enough content to warrant people wanting to do that.

  • Mojo
    • April 1, 2004 at 9:44 PM
    • #3

    well good luck to you Zap, have fun going back to School. I guess we will always have our IRC Channel.

  • RD
    • April 1, 2004 at 10:03 PM
    • #4

    so what u need?

    money or free forums? what would happen if for example mazy hosted them at mazy.net ? Would he have to pay more suddenly?

  • kleinluka
    • April 1, 2004 at 10:06 PM
    • #5

    wrst april fools joke evr~

  • Thrik
    • April 2, 2004 at 4:01 AM
    • #6

    If you really are in financial difficulties, I'll be happy to temporarily loan a thousand or so to you to keep things going. Just PM me your personal details and we can arrange a bank transfer.

  • mikezilla
    • April 2, 2004 at 7:32 AM
    • #7

    closed because my april fools joke sucked.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 2 Guests
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™