1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Looking for level design advice

  • Daydreamer_93
  • October 17, 2024 at 12:30 AM
  • Daydreamer_93
    • October 17, 2024 at 12:30 AM
    • #1

    Hi there 😊

    I'm looking for some advice on how I can teach the player through level design. I'm working on a puzzle platformer and have to introduce the player to a clone mechanic. When the player can't progress any further they can either end their life and restart with a clone that plays through the last life or they will restart when the timer runs out.

    I'm trying to figure out how to teach the player that they can stack on top of clones to reach a higher area. All I can currently think of is putting a wall/enclosing them in at the beginning of the level to force them to figure it out.

    I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

    I'm also looking to introduce a kick mechanic that kicks boxes out of the way either by the player doing this or they can use the clone to kick them across an open gap or something.

    Appreciate any help/feedback at all 😊

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™