1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Re Painting objects.

  • gav
  • September 23, 2024 at 7:25 AM
  • gav
    • September 23, 2024 at 7:25 AM
    • #1

    Hi fellow Mappers,

    I have a simple little problem with CS2 hammer.

    In source 1 material tab you could select a face or surface and click on said object then replace the texture. In doing this you might change 300 items or so with the new material. I see the same tool in Hammer5 but it doesn't select the textured face when clicked and reverts to a texture you had used earlier.

    Sorry to be a dufus but I haven't mapped since the 2017 map contest. My map didn't make the cut so I sort of lost interest as I spent sooo' many hours to have a playable map fully optimized and ready by the First due date, which looking back was the only map to do so. Anyway that's how the cookie crumbles. JD40's Biome was an awesome map, and worthy of the win and the extended time.

    I deleted all my custom texture and model files a while back and now have a VMF mostly full of red and black checkerd textures, maybe be a porting problem but I am happy to just replace all of those textures and It would maybe be a breeze if I knew the easy way how. 🙃 Please help an old guy

    By the way, good luck to all those mappers who have made this years contest cut. 🤙

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™