1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

BONE is out!

  • ctswin
  • September 15, 2005 at 8:59 PM
  • ctswin
    • September 15, 2005 at 8:59 PM
    • #1

    along with Telltale announcing the sam n max license, they have also released part 1 of their episodic game, BONE.

    http://www.telltalegames.com/ $20, small demo in the download

    (thought it deserved a seperate topic from the sam n max 2 one )

  • Fullauto
    • September 15, 2005 at 9:09 PM
    • #2

    Tried the demo. Didn't find it funny and the minigame sucked. Oh dear...

  • Thrik
    • September 15, 2005 at 10:04 PM
    • #3

    Yeah, they made an atrocious choice when they decided to use the very beginning of the game as the demo content. I hear it picks up quite rapidly later on, but it doesn't exactly enthuse you to buy it and find out.

    Still, I'll get it at some point since I do want to let Telltale amass more funds (since it's obviously a low budget affair) so they can make a better product of SM2. It'd also be nice for a publisher to approach them, which might be more viable now that they have a serious license under their control.

  • Fullauto
    • September 16, 2005 at 12:23 PM
    • #4

    I can see where you're coming from, but I don't agree with the sentiment of buying a game, regardless of quality, to support a developer.

  • Kosmo
    • September 16, 2005 at 12:55 PM
    • #5

    Fullauto, obviously you have never been in the web development circles, where people do programs for free and rely solely on peoples generosity for funding.

    And if you check out the MMORPG market, there are games way lesser quality and there are hundreds of player paying $10 per month just to torture themselfs on a bad game, so if my "donation" will help Telltales go further and make a great game out of fantastic licence I'd be happy to shell out, since I expect people do it for me if I had a game company and I was making a game out of loved licence.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™