1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

scaling=fubared

  • |FRITZ|
  • August 5, 2005 at 8:31 PM
  • |FRITZ|
    • August 5, 2005 at 8:31 PM
    • #1

    umm where to start..

    [Blocked Image: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4840/not1pf.jpg]

    yep that about sums it up..

    I imported a vmf, one 256 unit brush, and then I scaled my model accordingly. I exported/compiled etc. and I get a fucking support collum for ants what gives?

  • Zacker
    • August 5, 2005 at 9:17 PM
    • #2

    If just Source could scale up models in the editor, just as any decent engine should be capable of, then this would not be a problem...

  • |FRITZ|
    • August 5, 2005 at 9:20 PM
    • #3

    then I would have stretched uv's. Now Go back in your cage!

  • Campaignjunkie
    • August 5, 2005 at 9:26 PM
    • #4

    Pretty sure there's a "$scale" property in the .qc you can use to scale it up.

  • |FRITZ|
    • August 5, 2005 at 11:38 PM
    • #5

    it doesnt seem to do anything.

    heres my qc:

    $modelname support6.mdl

    $body "Body" "support1_reference.smd"

    $sequence idle "support1_idle" loop fps 15

    $collisionmodel "support1_physbox.smd"

    $cdmaterials chpsupport/chpsupport

    $staticprop

    $surfaceprop "concrete"

    $scale 1.0

  • InsaneSingingBlender
    • August 5, 2005 at 11:44 PM
    • #6

    try $scale 2.0 or 3.0

  • |FRITZ|
    • August 5, 2005 at 11:49 PM
    • #7

    yeah I did.

    I guess the model itself is fubared or something..

  • |FRITZ|
    • August 5, 2005 at 11:59 PM
    • #8

    well yeah. Wouldn't it be 1. Despite that I change the number a could times, even double digits and it didn't do shit.. Maybe the vmf got screwed. I'll try exporting as a dxf file then scaling.

    And I use xsi not 3ds :embarassed:

  • curman
    • August 6, 2005 at 1:18 AM
    • #9

    you should be ashamed of yourself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™