1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[UE4][WIP] "DM-Wasteworks_01" DM/TDM map for Unreal Tournament

  • Desert_Wulf
  • January 26, 2023 at 9:49 AM
  • Desert_Wulf
    • January 26, 2023 at 9:49 AM
    • #1

    Hello Mapcore!

    There is going to be a lot of "my firsts" here in this post so please bear with me.

    My first UT map!

    Decided to post my first "finished" iteration of a map that I've been working on. This started as a fun project and over time changed into something that I personally would like to pursue in the future. Am a huge fan of older FPS, whether it be Quake, Half-Life or UT.

    Heads up there is going to be a lot of bare bone blocked out Level Design stuff here. Not the most exciting I know, but I would really appreciate some feedback from other enthusiasts and professionals from the field. So HUGE THANK YOU to all who share their knowledge!

    Since this has begun as a fun project it is obvious from the map that it was iteration first and plan later. Trying to finish this map has made a couple of things obvious to me that If I started a map from scratch now, I would go differently about it.

    So, I decided to create a closed asymmetrical map. The idea was to create memorable locations for the players to help orientation on the map. Thematically around canals / waste processing.

    I don't have the layout at hand right now, but if you have Unreal Tournament (2004) then you can download it here and try it out yourselves.

    Looking forward to your feedback.

    *Piston Room*

    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/4WUXVKH9I1ZK/dm-wasteworks-01-281-29-jpg.jpg] *Outside of waterfall room*

    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/WM400AFSOKB8/dm-wasteworks-02-281-29-jpg.jpg] *Quick navigation examples*

    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/HRWSSD4ET9ZY/waterfall-281-29-jpg.jpg]   [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/RN7L717IVN9A/quad-dmg-01.png]

     FLAG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™