1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

f-42 fighter

  • zaphod
  • February 20, 2004 at 7:14 PM
  • zaphod
    • February 20, 2004 at 7:14 PM
    • #1

    I'm working on a little top downish space shooter game with my brother, and this is the first littol ship I made. You wont really see it at a sideways angle (thus the bad texturing in some places) but I wanted to prove it was 3d since you cant really tell from a top down render.

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/f42render.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/f42render2.jpg]

  • theiggsta
    • February 20, 2004 at 7:16 PM
    • #2

    Wow nice

  • CrazyMAC
    • February 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM
    • #3

    nice zap

  • Marcos
    • February 20, 2004 at 11:28 PM
    • #4

    looks very cool!

    add some missiles on it ~

  • spine
    • February 22, 2004 at 2:40 AM
    • #5

    Hey nice Zaphod!

    The red colour seems is alittle bright to me though..

    But good work!

  • DD
    • February 22, 2004 at 8:24 AM
    • #6

    I think having it bright and very outlined is a good idea though since I believe its going to be a top-down shooter, right?

  • FrieChamp
    • February 23, 2004 at 1:03 PM
    • #7
    Quote

    I'm working on a little top downish space shooter

  • spine
    • February 23, 2004 at 3:31 PM
    • #8

    ahh, ok so it's probably gonna be tiny, the spaceship then...

    well then it's a good idea with bright colours.

    I was thinking more like it was a bigger modell and then it would

    look nicer with a more dull red, a bit worn maybe.

    But yeah nice work...

    So are you making the game from scratch?

  • zaphod
    • February 23, 2004 at 6:53 PM
    • #9

    yea, with the help of my brother, who is a programmer.

  • Mazy
    • February 23, 2004 at 6:58 PM
    • #10

    very nice shit zap~

    /me pats

  • zaphod
    • March 7, 2004 at 8:22 PM
    • #11

    here is mai first enemy alien ship type vessel

    [Blocked Image: http://marshmonkey.com/enemy1.jpg]

    made the cockpitish part non-dirty

    remember, this is also way way closer than you would ever see it in game.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marshmonkey.com/f42render.jpg]

    here is the players ship again with a slight skin tweak

  • FrieChamp
    • March 7, 2004 at 8:40 PM
    • #12

    I really dig the skin, except for the brownish, metalish part, I would probably make it nice and shiny~

  • zaphod
    • March 8, 2004 at 6:50 AM
    • #13

    I call this one the guppy

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marshmonkey.com/enemy2.jpg]

  • KidDynamite
    • March 8, 2004 at 6:54 AM
    • #14

    damn those are fuckin badass man, props to you sir

  • FrieChamp
    • March 8, 2004 at 7:26 AM
    • #15

    The new skins look better! Guppy is cool too

  • spine
    • March 8, 2004 at 1:18 PM
    • #16

    Yeah! Nice work, like that worn look u go on two of them,

    maybe that guppy thing should have some more used look...

    Depends on the style of game though...

    But these are nice!

    (maybe u could put out a quick little tutt on how to skin ur modells,

    think this looks interesting and i havent got a clue on how u do it!?)

  • zaphod
    • March 9, 2004 at 4:26 AM
    • #17

    yea, I would spend more time adding little details, but I think they are only going to be around 128 - 256 pixels large on the screen.

    Right now, since I dont think you will ever have a chance to see these things from the side or bottom, I just planar map them from the top, and use the texporter pluing for max (google if you want it) and do it up in photoshop.

  • Mazy
    • March 9, 2004 at 8:34 AM
    • #18

    lookin really cool zap~

    i dig!

  • spine
    • March 9, 2004 at 9:50 PM
    • #19

    Thanx Zaphod,

    I will look in to that, cant modell though, but I will get someone

    to make me i modell and try... :wink:

  • zaphod
    • March 12, 2004 at 7:01 AM
    • #20

    [Blocked Image: http://www.marshmonkey.com/enemy3render.jpg]

    this one is nicknamed pantera

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™