1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[NS2] Nothing

  • zavaro
  • January 22, 2022 at 2:39 AM
  • zavaro
    • January 22, 2022 at 2:39 AM
    • #1

    After shipping Tanith officially back in December, with update 340, I had some requests and a backlog of ideas that I wanted to work on. Prior to Tanith, my plans for Natural Selection 2 were to detail my good friend Malpractice's Nexus map which was popular in the competitive circuit (and somewhat in the public eye for a period). At the time, I didn't feel like I could honestly create anything that would have lived up to what we both wanted to do. Tanith was sort of a fallback for learning under the tutelage of the other members of the mapping community, and the output far exceeded my wildest dreams. It's currently the most played map by far in the recently released matchmaking system, and it's played commonly on public servers as well. I've received a lot of kind words from many people, and now that I've overcome my impostor syndrome, I wanted to do things right by Mal.

    Introducing: ns2_nothing

    The map is still in its infancy, but I'm slowly working through it to create something moody. I really wanted to capture the feel of the original map from Natural Selection.

    Here's the unfortunately named "Pipe Room." I'll probably change that at some point.

    And this is "Painted Corridor"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™