1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Materials from Blender to CS:GO (Please Help)

  • TREND
  • July 13, 2021 at 7:39 PM
  • TREND
    • July 13, 2021 at 7:39 PM
    • #1

    I'm new to 3d modeling and I am trying to create custom props for CS:GO and I am not sure how to import props with more than one material.. for example, I'm making a grocery store and I want to make a shelf with cereal boxes on it and I don't know if I need to combine the materials somehow or just make vtf/vmf file for each and every texture even if it's for one prop which I've tried and it didn't work but could be doing it wrong.

  • csWaldo
    • July 14, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    • #2

    A single prop can be made up of multiple meshes with different materials. In blender, assign each part a different material with a fitting name like "shelf_wood". You can then export the model and create the corresponding source material (shelf_wood.vmt). Make sure your source materials line up with the $cdmaterials you set in the models .qc file. I believe by default up to 32 materials / prop are supported. If you are heaving trouble exporting source props from blender and are using blender 2.8+, try source ops. It makes the whole process a lot easier and faster:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SourceOpshttps://github.com/bonjorno7/SourceOps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™