1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

CS:GO Soundscript / RAW sound question

  • teglafal
  • May 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM
  • teglafal
    • May 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM
    • #1

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm working on a CS:GO map, and would like to use custom door sounds for prop_door_rotating. Using WAV files as RAWs are working fine, but the problem is that all of these door moving/opening sounds can be heard on the entire map, doesnt matter how far away I am from the door. Is this can be solved somehow?

    Also I figured out that this must be with the RAW sounds maybe, because whenever I'm using RAWs, this problem occurs, but when using Game Sounds, the distance is a factor regarding the voulme. The problem is: how to create a sound script for a custon wav file? I've checked tons of tutorials, but none of them are works since Valve changed something - I guess - because they moved all game_sounds_manifest.txt files into the VPK files and they are not under scripts folder anymore.

    Any suggestions and ideas highly appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™