1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[ WINGMAN ] de_Lakewood

  • Colino
  • October 9, 2020 at 7:37 PM
  • Colino
    • October 9, 2020 at 7:37 PM
    • #1

    Hi! I'm a bit late on this but here it is, de_Lakewood. This map was submitted to the SEDiscord Wingman Contest. I'm late to posting it here, but i did submitted it in time, so no worries.


    Well, about the map, I've been working on it since June 2020, tested a lot with my friends and started decorating it on august. The theme was supposed to be an abandoned religious complex, that's why the name was going to be de_Pray, I've changed the theme and name as soon as i started the artistic process, I knew i would not be able to do all the things that I wanted, and that was why I changed the theme to an abandoned boarding school, called Lakewood. I am happy with the result, the biggest issue that I had was that i didn't used any reference photos, i did all through my head, that was a big problem but was also something that I was not willing to re-do.


    I think the layout is working just fine and the biggest flaw on the map are: No radar, Tall Stairs & Some low-res textures. I will fix all of these as soon as the results are published. Until then, I can't update the map, so, I'm sorry for that.


    Another thing worth mentioning is, this is my first completed map that I did it all by myself. There are no custom things, only some papers about lore that no one cares about. I'm currently on a Game-Development class, it is supposed to take 4 years and I am still on the first year, learning about modelling and just now learning about UV and Textures. So my next CS:GO map projects will certainly have custom models and more custom textures, I just wanted to learn properly on my course instead of searching on Google just for custom things to Lakewood


    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2238353480

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™