1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Small sourcephoto pack

  • poweri
  • June 17, 2005 at 3:51 PM
  • poweri
    • June 17, 2005 at 3:51 PM
    • #1

    I made a pack of some of the best (or most usable anyway) photos in the sets I've posted earlier here ('04?). On a lot better webhost this time.

    ~20MB, 57 images.

    Get it here

  • sensee
    • June 17, 2005 at 4:38 PM
    • #2

    very nice, thanks a lot!

    do you guys know the feeling when people look at you because you're taking pictures of the ground or close-ups of ugly walls...

    texture artist's life is kinda hard

  • kleinluka
    • June 17, 2005 at 4:39 PM
    • #3

    Yeah i still get weird looks from people when doing that. It's funny.

  • st0lve
    • June 17, 2005 at 6:43 PM
    • #4

    nice photos.

  • sensee
    • June 17, 2005 at 9:00 PM
    • #5

    sometimes when I go somewhere I just take the camera with me, just in case of finding something I could use as a texture.

    kinda nerdy I guess

  • insta
    • June 17, 2005 at 9:03 PM
    • #6

    Thanks, these will come in handy for whenever I sit down and finally learn how to make textures

  • Nazul
    • June 17, 2005 at 9:07 PM
    • #7

    he means he's the coolest person around when he's doing that

    I know I am when making shots of some nice pavement

  • Blunkka
    • June 17, 2005 at 11:39 PM
    • #8

    Some pretty nifty references there and there are never too many references.

    Only thing I found a bit troubling was the image resolution which could have been higher.

    Here's texture that uses only images from this pack. Spent time on it about 30mins.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/blomqvist.maarit/Urban_Pavement.jpg]

    Että kiitoksia vaan.

  • csharp
    • June 17, 2005 at 11:54 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Blunkka

    Some pretty nifty references there and there are never too many references. Only thing I found a bit troubling was the image resolution which could have been higher.

    Here's texture that uses only images from this pack. Spent time on it about 30mins.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.kolumbus.fi/blomqvist.maarit/Urban_Pavement.jpg]

    Että kiitoksia vaan.

    voin sanoo sen puolesta ole hyvä uh looking good, maybe ill try to make something..

  • poweri
    • June 18, 2005 at 2:58 AM
    • #10
    Quote from Blunkka

    Only thing I found a bit troubling was the image resolution which could have been higher.

    Back when I took the images, my only memory card was 128MB in size, so I had to use a lower image size.

    I now own more and larger cards, I promise the next pack (which isn't that far away) will have higher res.

    Quote from Blunkka

    Että kiitoksia vaan.

    Eipä kestä. Todella hieno tekstuuri tuo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™