1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

TAR Auto Radar with Instances

  • MatteR
  • June 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM
  • MatteR
    • June 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    • #1

    Hi, my map is getting closer and closer to playtesting, but as the complexity grows I've started moving segments out into instances to make Hammer easier to work with. What I've noticed, however, is that when using TAR - I lose all radar info for the instances.

    For example in the screenshot below, I've circled an area containing a house (which is actually still in the map below... Kept it for safe keeping) but because it's an func_instance, TAR no longer has the tar_ visgroup data.

    Is there any way around this? Or would I be subjected to manually editing the radar images?


    Thanks a lot.

  • Freaky_Banana
    • June 12, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    • #2

    I usually just generate the radar by temporarily copying the brushwork from the instance vmf into the map vmf. Then generate radar and delete afterwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™