1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[NEED FEEDBACK] Bakery (CSGO)

  • linkinblak
  • December 5, 2019 at 4:54 PM
  • linkinblak
    • December 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM
    • #21

    This update is about simplifying areas, or what I called in the patchnote 1.6ify them. After an overhaul of the routes, to fit the map into a more classic layout, I thought I had made it simple enough but a guy gave me the feedback I've been having for months on all the version, so it wasn't enough. So while keeping the areas to work as they are already, I started removing cover, simplifying walls, removing small stuff here and there. I also did a big rework to how T approach the B site to make is less messy. They now have two very clear entrances, a lower one and one from a balcony that they have to make noise to get into. I'm pretty proud of the "saloon doors" because they work almost as real ones and they add sound cue of people's position. The entire area leading to A is now a big one way gameplay loop where people can go from A long to A short with a skill jump but not the other way around. There are still issues and potential improvements that are probably obvious to more experienced mappers out there that I'm unaware and completely clueless about right now. I've iterated so much on this level that it's hard for me to take a step back and have a fresh view on things. I'm still having a lot of fun doing this, but seeing other people's map evolve (refering fewseb's Turbine here) made me realise how far I was from a correct layout yet. I still think it's decent enough that I could start doing art now, maybe a playtest will help me take that decision. Anyway here's some screenshots




    Workshop link : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1929067900

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™