1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Strange problem with shadows on flags.

  • That50'sGuy
  • September 8, 2019 at 4:44 AM
  • That50'sGuy
    • September 8, 2019 at 4:44 AM
    • #1

    So I've tried messing around with the unused flag models in the CS:GO files, and I've added them to a map of mine. Problem is, these weird shadows are appearing on it.

    Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated!

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

  • Serialmapper
    • September 8, 2019 at 8:58 AM
    • #2

    Are you using normalmaps ? The drop shadow and selfshadowing are disabled?

    I suspect a texture problem.

  • That50'sGuy
    • September 8, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    • #3
    Quote from Serialmapper

    7 hours ago, Serialmapper said: Are you using normalmaps ? The drop shadow and selfshadowing are disabled?

    I suspect a texture problem.

    It doesn't have a normal map, so that's not the issue.

    I couldn't find anything about self shadowing in it unlike with prop_static, but I'll keep looking around for something like this. Never heard of "Drop shadow" before.

    I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the smoothing groups or something, which is why I guess it was unused.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™