1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

[UE4] Slipgate Complex Remake

  • mjens
  • May 29, 2019 at 1:30 PM
  • mjens
    • May 29, 2019 at 1:30 PM
    • #1

    Hi Mapcorians!

    I wanted to show you the progress on my Quake 1's E1M1 "Slipgate Complex" remake in UE4. I'm focusing on a set of first few rooms, adding more fidelity into walls, some background environment story into it, etc.

    I'm trying a modular approach that is based on 1x1x1m volumes that "reserve" space for the building block. This method applies only to building geometry (walls, floors, ceilings). I also look for the amount of details in this corridor.

    Here's how it looked like in Q1:

    [Blocked Image: https://quakewiki.org/w/images/8/8c/E1m1_1.jpg]

  • blackdog
    • May 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM
    • #2

    Interesting project!

    I can see the aspects of the geometry you are emphasising and curious to see when everything is skinned and properly lit.

    I am a bit skeptical of the railings which I think make the environment veer toward the “generic Unreal env”. As it is it makes me think more of Unreal 2/UT3 than Quake.

    Curious to see the evolution!

  • mjens
    • June 3, 2019 at 9:12 AM
    • #3

    Thanks! You're right about the railings. I wanted to prepare a square-shaped model but I was not sure. I'm on it! :)

  • General Vivi
    • June 6, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    • #4

    This looks dope!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™