1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

de_de_dust2 (CS:GO)

  • dmu
  • April 2, 2019 at 1:40 AM
  • dmu
    • April 2, 2019 at 1:40 AM
    • #1

    Through all my time playing CS:GO, I have always hated Dust 2. I never understood where my hate for it came from, but now, I finally get it. The root of all Evil, is Dust 2's T Spawn. To put it simply, it is the worst location of all time on any map, and completely ruins flow.

    How many times have you purposely walked through T Spawn while playing a game on Dust 2. The answer is s1mple, 0 times. For this reason, I have come up with a solution to the Dust 2 problem, just make T Spawn CT Spawn. This too of course leads to some problems, as T's and CT's will instantly kill each other as soon as they spawn.

    The solution came to me one day as I was sitting on my couch and listening to my favourite song (EZ4ENCE). It suddenly changed tune, and god spoke to me through it.

    "DMU222 you must make 2 dust 2's on top of each other"

    So that is what I did.

    Now yes, the map does have 4 bomb sites, but special teleport areas (marked in orange) have been added to allow for seamless transportation for T's and CT's.

    I'll be playtesting the map this weekend, what do you guys think?

  • Interfearance
    • April 2, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    • #2

    I think this map lacks flow and has a middle area that seems like an afterthought. Personally I think you should reconsider various elements of this map, because in its current state, it is unplayable.

  • dmu
    • April 3, 2019 at 12:33 AM
    • #3

    Fair enough @Interfearance, I will be reworking the layout. God recently gave me another great idea, to remove the entire top half of the map as well as the teleporters, and place T spawn in the simple hallway opposite CT Spawn. I feel like this may make the map much better. Here's a prototype overvi ew:

  • Serialmapper
    • April 6, 2019 at 11:18 PM
    • #4

    this is mindfuck

  • Buddy
    • April 7, 2019 at 9:50 AM
    • #5

    i miss mapcore

  • blackdog
    • April 7, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    • #6

    I think the idea of inverting map spawns like in driving games, is not too bad and could be interesting… you have to move the bomb sites tho and probably modify (the original) T-spawn ti accommodate for the bombsites.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™