1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Unique WW2 game

  • MrH2o
  • May 25, 2005 at 10:11 AM
  • MrH2o
    • May 25, 2005 at 10:11 AM
    • #1

    It's unique in the way thats it's the uglyiest I've ever seen (ok not really but not far from) Can somone explain to me why people create such things, do they think it will sell ? the physics is awful too, the only plus is Hitler, first time I see him in a game. (exept Wolf3d) And whats with the cartoony cell-shading feel ? Oh here is the vid so you can see for yourself.

    http://%7boption%7d

    Over and out

  • D3adlode
    • May 25, 2005 at 11:20 AM
    • #2

    Hitler makes an appearance in Mortyr as well I think..

  • Minos
    • May 25, 2005 at 3:50 PM
    • #3

    Looks like a ps1 game D:

  • Tequila
    • May 25, 2005 at 4:09 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Minotauro

    Looks like a ps1 game D:

    Sad but true. The weapons are held by cheese-string arms, for crying out loud.

  • Kamikazi!
    • May 25, 2005 at 4:09 PM
    • #5
    Quote from D3adlode

    Hitler makes an appearance in Mortyr as well I think..

    I loved the demo of that game.

  • MrH2o
    • May 25, 2005 at 5:01 PM
    • #6
    Quote from D3adlode

    Hitler makes an appearance in Mortyr as well I think..

    Your absolutly right, havent played that much tho

    http://%7boption%7d

  • DaanO
    • May 25, 2005 at 6:17 PM
    • #7

    I think it's the engine for the game really. The textures look good and the levels look decent.

  • Mojo
    • May 25, 2005 at 8:19 PM
    • #8

    I love the blimps and boy howdy does that running around with an MG42 look hot.

  • csharp
    • May 25, 2005 at 9:26 PM
    • #9
    Quote from Minotauro

    Looks like a ps1 game D:

    DONT YOU LIE!! Models are more grappy than ps1 had..

  • -Stratesiz-
    • May 25, 2005 at 9:47 PM
    • #10

    Now that's what I call professional~

  • -Stratesiz-
    • May 25, 2005 at 10:01 PM
    • #11
    Quote

    Si: Is there a similar game to yours and how do you judge your game comparing to others of that type?Dominik Zielinski: I would like to compare it to Half Life 2. That game had a great story and game play. Some of our features like realistic water or Newton physics are similar to HL2. Mortyr and Return to Castle Wolfenstein are also the World War 2 reality but our game is more historical and realistic. There is no science-fiction like: time travels, fighting zombies or meeting aliens.

    Si: The graphics are pretty cool, what are the system requirements?

    Dominik Zielinski: The game engine is very efficient which allows game to run quite good on Pentium III - 700 Mhz. You will need Pentium IV 2,4 Ghz to run the game smoothly with all details turned on.

    http://www.strategyinformer.com/shooter ... 1944.shtml

  • ctswin
    • May 25, 2005 at 10:59 PM
    • #12

    i really don't think it's that bad..

    might be quite fun to play, but that doesn't seem to be that important with games nowadays

  • MrH2o
    • May 26, 2005 at 7:36 AM
    • #13
    Quote

    Dominik Zielinski: I would like to compare it to Half Life 2.

    I searched but I couldent find a eye rolling smilie that expressed the level of eyerolling I wanted. If they have so gret physics why not hav ragdolls too then ? and ya, HL2 really have bounching boxes :roll:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™