1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Burnt building, okay photo...

  • twiz
  • May 12, 2005 at 5:36 AM
  • twiz
    • May 12, 2005 at 5:36 AM
    • #1

    Okay, a little backstory on this one to make it interesting. This is/was a dunkin' donuts building near my house. Apparently about a week ago, people spotted a wire dangling from a telephone pole, which appeared to be a live wire. It was ~8feet above the ground. They called Connecticut Light and Power, but they didn't do anything for a few days... a few days later, a big wind storm hit, shook the wire free and it hit a parked car, which lit the car on fire... it lit the car next to it on fire, etc etc until the building itself caught on fire. It burned pretty good, not much left of it... as well as the 4 or so cars in the parking lot. The cars burned completely as well. Anyways, this photo was taken with a Canon digital Elph camera, nothing special. Pretty crappy actually. I was driving by with my dad, snapped a few photos as we drove around the building(car is a convertable ). I took a few not-so-spectacular photos, then this one I just kinda stuck my hand out and hit the button as we were rolling away. I liked it, the framing and content is actually quite nice.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.turboslut.net/burning.jpg]

    I did a little photoshopping, basically I stretched it out sideways a bit and edited the brightness/contrast/hue/saturation a tad.

    I can post the other photos if you're interested.

  • Minos
    • May 12, 2005 at 6:37 AM
    • #2

    I guess that has something to do with ur local project mayhem!

  • Kosmo
    • May 12, 2005 at 6:45 AM
    • #3

    Haha, Conneticut Light and Power sucks

  • DaanO
    • May 12, 2005 at 4:07 PM
    • #4

    I actually *really* like that photo

  • MrH2o
    • May 13, 2005 at 9:34 AM
    • #5

    It is a nice photo, but the sky is to turquoise for my taste, maybe you could lat it on a own layer and make it bluer, id like to see the other pics to btw

  • RD
    • May 13, 2005 at 10:35 AM
    • #6

    it burns my eyes for some reason

  • csharp
    • May 13, 2005 at 2:15 PM
    • #7

    I doesnt like that sky, but everything else in that pic is great

  • DaanO
    • May 13, 2005 at 2:43 PM
    • #8

    The sky is what makes the pic as good as it is. Keep it like this *please*

  • twiz
    • May 25, 2005 at 5:19 AM
    • #9

    I love the sky!

    heres a couple more images of it, also photoshop tweaked

    [Blocked Image: http://www.turboslut.net/burned1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.turboslut.net/burned2.jpg]

    The thing that caught my eye on the original pic was the sky... on all these the sky is just white

  • OL
    • May 25, 2005 at 6:21 AM
    • #10

    first one looks like a video game

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™