1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Great animation tutorial in Develop

  • marque_pierre
  • May 10, 2005 at 2:53 PM
  • marque_pierre
    • May 10, 2005 at 2:53 PM
    • #1

    If you don't already read Develop magazine (a monthly for European games developers http://%7boption%7d ) get a copy of the latest issue.

    There is a great tutorial article on embedding bodylanguage into character animation. Essentially to make animation support storytelling and gameplay better in games, but the tips are useful for any kind of animation. I seem to remember Christiaan Moleman/Ninja Dodo showing off WIPs on CG Talk a while ago when he was carrying out the research/project...

    Anyway, well worth your time.

  • capone_adam
    • May 10, 2005 at 3:04 PM
    • #2

    Yeah I got my copy in the post today and it was the first thing I looked at. Its true, games don't really take advantage of animation as much as they could. Hopefully this article will be ready by many...

  • OL
    • May 10, 2005 at 3:24 PM
    • #3

    do they ship to america?

  • Lee3dee
    • May 10, 2005 at 3:36 PM
    • #4

    i think barnes and Nobles in the US sells this, they sell alot of european 3d imagry magazines. I'd look there.

  • marque_pierre
    • May 10, 2005 at 4:39 PM
    • #5

    They DO ship global. But then you have to pay a bit. When I lived back in Denmark, I made a deal with the subscription manager, so you can press the price a bit. I guess you Yanks can get GamesDeveloper freely, and this is what you get likewise in the UK. The magazine is a lot different from GDMag though, but I personally feel out of the loop without either of them.

  • ReNo
    • May 10, 2005 at 5:44 PM
    • #6

    First thing I looked at was the Develop 100 - the included top 100 worldwide developer's based on UK profits last year. Interesting read, and quite a lot of surprises in there (in amongst even more less surprising facts - 3 EA studios are in the top 10).

    The article you mention was interesting though, even for non-animators such as myself.

  • marque_pierre
    • May 10, 2005 at 10:33 PM
    • #7

    I remember I managed to get them to ship me several sample issues before they said, now you gotta subscribe! So ask for a sample issue.

    Christie Connolly runs their subscriptions: christie . connolly @ intentmedia.co.uk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™